I just keep coming back.

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
I like to try lots of devices and so far this is the only one I have kept. It's just a good solid all around device. My latest venture was the galaxy s9 plus which is frankly an apple style upgrade for Samsung. I have the s8 plus which is updated to the same software and there is really no difference between the 2 phones that is worthy of an upgrade. I had it for 24 hours before I returned it, it felt exactly like using my s8+.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I like to try lots of devices and so far this is the only one I have kept. It's just a good solid all around device. My latest venture was the galaxy s9 plus which is frankly an apple style upgrade for Samsung. I have the s8 plus which is updated to the same software and there is really no difference between the 2 phones that is worthy of an upgrade. I had it for 24 hours before I returned it, it felt exactly like using my s8+.
Did they get all the issues resolved with the essential phone (camera, et al.)?

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Did they get all the issues resolved with the essential phone (camera, et al.)?
Most of the issues like jittery scrolling, no full screen video and dead zone on the edge of screen have been fixed. The camera has improved a lot. I can get consistently good to great results with the monochrome camera but the color camera can struggle with low light conditions.

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
I don't care about the camera so that has never been an issue for me. Software wise it just keeps getting smoother and smoother. Today learned that you can use substratum to theme this phone as well. An all dark ui makes this phone even better, and you don't have to root the device!!!!

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Most of the issues like jittery scrolling, no full screen video and dead zone on the edge of screen have been fixed. The camera has improved a lot. I can get consistently good to great results with the monochrome camera but the color camera can struggle with low light conditions.
That sounds pretty darn good then.

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
That sounds pretty darn good then.

Fancy seeing you here, tired of the S9 already? ;)

I bought my Essential back during the Sprint sale, and really only bought it because it was about $140 with the 360 camera. The phone has improved a lot since the end of November, and the camera is greatly improved. Unfortunately, I don't use it enough because of my other "toys" but I do love the phone.

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site

I bought my Essential back during the Sprint sale, and really only bought it because it was about $140 with the 360 camera. The phone has improved a lot since the end of November, and the camera is greatly improved. Unfortunately, I don't use it enough because of my other "toys" but I do love the phone.
I have never gotten rid of it. I just keep trying other phones and eventually just reactivate it and use it again. Wasnt really impressed with the s9+ it's a very minimal upgrade straight out of the book of Apple in my opinion. Samsung fan boys are just like Apple fan boys the smallest upgrade is always a huge game changer hahaha

dmateo

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
QC was definitely an issue when I had my essential (went through 4 devices) and it has horrible reception on TMO in NYC. Had it not been for that I still would've had one and not this S9 (which I'm also enjoying).

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site

I think they should do an Essential+ with a 6" screen. A lot of people just like larger screen (myself included) and they're losing all them customers. I really liked the feel of Essential but it wasn't even a consideration because of size.

Back on topic though. I don't see why going back to this phone would be a bad thing. Send like a good phone at a good price.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Heck no. I love my S9 and my Note 8. ...and other lesser toys.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
QC was definitely an issue when I had my essential (went through 4 devices) and it has horrible reception on TMO in NYC. Had it not been for that I still would've had one and not this S9 (which I'm also enjoying).

Does ANY phone have good reception in NYC? lol I always have trouble there with my phones. T-Mobile BUT also Verizon when I had them.

dmateo

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
Does ANY phone have good reception in NYC? lol I always have trouble there with my phones. T-Mobile BUT also Verizon when I had them.

I get service in the subway underground with my s9 as well as with my note 8 and key one black edition prior to the s9. T-Mobile is great so long as the device has a strong enough antenna.

benson0

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I went from the Blackberry Priv to the Essential Phone ans the only two things Is the SD card and the typing is difficult the screen is smaller and prediction words on Blackberry is very Nice. But I love the Essential Phone it's fast and there is no blabla with pur Android!!

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I get service in the subway underground with my s9 as well as with my note 8 and key one black edition prior to the s9. T-Mobile is great so long as the device has a strong enough antenna.

Samsung phones have THE best antennas! BUT NYC is still tough there's so much network traffic and saturation.

computerguy68

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site
I went from the Blackberry Priv to the Essential Phone ans the only two things Is the SD card and the typing is difficult the screen is smaller and prediction words on Blackberry is very Nice. But I love the Essential Phone it's fast and there is no blabla with pur Android!!

Same here, don't really loose too much screen size and if you install the Blackberry keyboard, you get the great prediction back! 128gb of internal storage does not make me miss the SD slot. Been using for two months now and it has yet to overheat and throttle. I do miss the handwarmer PRIV on a cold day however lol.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois