Essential phone $350 on Amazon (dead)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Essential phone $350 on Amazon

I don't have one but based on the reviews, yes, at this price it is worth it. So long as you don't have to have the best camera.

Personally I picked up a s9+ for $462 but that required bill credits which many people don't like

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site

Do you think it’s worth it?

It is absolutely worth it. This is a phone with flagship specs that is guaranteed updates -- it gets the monthly Android security patches fairly quickly, and is getting Android updates (though took several months to get Android 8.1). The major complaint is the camera, which is weak (compared to current flagships) in low light and does not have a great camera app.

Jason Cockerham

Community Review Team Leader
Dec 9, 2010
Visit site

I don't have one but based on the reviews, yes, at this price it is worth it. So long as you don't have to have the best camera.

Personally I picked up a s9+ for $462 but that required bill credits which many people don't like
Ok good to know. Yeah I don't really care to much about camera.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Ok good to know. Yeah I don't really care to much about camera.
I mean it's a last year flagship with 128gb internal and from a non Chinese manufacturer. There's no one else out there with those qualifications in this price range. If internal storage isn't important then you can get the lg g6 for a little cheaper though, only 32gb at that price

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site

Is it back to 399? Don't see 350.

Saw a deal posted on here yesterday and went to look and it first showed the price and then when I selected the color option they all went back up to $399. Crazy. I wish I had ordered a Halo Gray version, that's really nice looking.

ntotrr

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site

Saw a deal posted on here yesterday and went to look and it first showed the price and then when I selected the color option they all went back up to $399. Crazy. I wish I had ordered a Halo Gray version, that's really nice looking.

I decided to go for it and ordered the phone. I waivered between the black and the grey and opted for the black. I'll have it Monday and I'm looking forward to giving it a try-out.

krishnansasikumar

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: Essential phone $350 on Amazon (back to $400 now)

Congrats. All colours are good on this phone. And you would use a case, so it wouldn't really matter unless you had white or ocean blue.

It's a good price for the phone.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: Essential phone $350 on Amazon (back to $400 now)

I was just at Best buy today checking out the Essential phone again. I'm not currently in the market for a phone but if I were...

What a nice looking phone.