worth 400?

Scienceguy Labs

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
I know there are lots of people who love or hate this phone, but I have to say that the two that I've had were really good phones. With my experience with the device, the only issue I had was the camera not being quite up to flagship level. I had no lag or crashes with it though. It's a capable camera, just not a Samsung or Pixel level camera. At 400 dollars, I say go for it. It's a heck of a phone for $400.00.

All that being said, I have read that signal strength might be an issue on T-Mobile. I used mine on AT&T and had no signal issues.

Scienceguy Labs

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
I'm on AT&T also. It is tempting with the 5 payments. Any difference between halo or white?
I think the Halo comes with Amazon Alexa preinstalled. I don't know if that's the case if you buy it straight from Essential though.

I've owned the black and white versions. Kept them in cases, and the plastic rim around the phones remained clean on both of them.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I think the Halo comes with Amazon Alexa preinstalled. I don't know if that's the case if you buy it straight from Essential though.

I've owned the black and white versions. Kept them in cases, and the plastic rim around the phones remained clean on both of them.
Halo Gray can't be purchased directly from Essential. It's the only one that comes with Alexa which can be uninstalled.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm on AT&T also. It is tempting with the 5 payments. Any difference between halo or white?
I've had white and Halo Gray. They have the same frame but the Halo isn't slippery since it has the matte ceramic which feels like a ceramic tile with a bit of soft touch plastic.

ntotrr

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I received my phone yesterday and have a full day of use under my belt. I'm liking it a lot. Can't say enough about the build quality and the size of the phone means it fits better in my pocket than my ZTE Axon 7. I've been following reviews and comments on this phone since it was first released and the more recent ones made me feel comfortable with buying one. It's only been one day but it performs perfectly.

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I received my phone yesterday and have a full day of use under my belt. I'm liking it a lot. Can't say enough about the build quality and the size of the phone means it fits better in my pocket than my ZTE Axon 7. I've been following reviews and comments on this phone since it was first released and the more recent ones made me feel comfortable with buying one. It's only been one day but it performs perfectly.

How do you like it now that you've had it a few days?

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Reason why I picked it up. $390 because of the Connection fee but then I got a free Ultimate Ears WonderBoom from Best Buy.

ntotrr

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
How do you like it now that you've had it a few days?

The phone has been flawless, I'm very happy with it. I haven't had a single issue with it. It runs smooth and fast without any lagging. I've used the camera a lot to document some of the things going on in the house being built for me. It produces pretty good photos. But I didn't buy it for the camera, like any other phone I've had. I've got an extensive collection of photo gear for taking pictures. I've not regretted getting this phone for one minute, it's quite a bargain at $400.

Last edited:

wmurch3

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
The phone has been flawless, I'm very happy with it. I haven't had a single issue with it. It runs smooth and fast without any lagging. I've used the camera a lot to document some of the things going on in the house being built for me. It produces pretty good photos. But I didn't buy it for the camera, like any other phone I've had. I've got an extensive collection of photo gear for taking pictures. I've not regretted getting this phone for one minute, it's quite a bargain at $400.

Agreed! I use my kodak dslr for real pictures. I keep it in my car all the time so I almost always have it.

I have taken a lot of portraits with the ph1 and have been impressed. Slow motion video is pretty neat too.

128gb internal storage, sd 835 processor, pure 8.1 Oreo, and unrivaled build quality make this phone a fantastic deal if you ask me. The form factor is perfect too.

I'm also impressed with the battery life and speaker volume. This thing is louder than any phone I've owned before.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Two things I noticed right away was battery life and the speaker.

I love it that I have no regrets selling my Samsung Galaxy S9+.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance