Loving the Essential

technutcounselor

Apr 19, 2018
Visit site
I am impressed with this phone. I just picked one up on Swappa and got it Friday and I love this thing. The build quality is amazing and I love the stock experience as well. I also love the screen quality and software is very smooth. This is like a third Pixel phone without the camera quality (maybe that's a stretch). Anyway, I got this as a secondary to my iPhone X for weekend use and now I don't want to touch the iPhone. Amazing what a sub $500 phone can do and I would never have guessed it with this one. I avoided it after launch because of all the bad press and now I feel like it's one of my favorite Android phones of the last year.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
It is, built and design is amazing.

Now I realize how important weight in a phone is. It feels great. One issue I had with the LG V30 & G6.

Having said that I wouldn't pay the original asking price for it. I only picked it up yesterday because I couldn't resist the $360 price tag.

Runell A

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I agree with all the above points. Essential team knocked it out of the park with the hardware design... so much so that I gave up my s8+ and came back to the ph1. If they can nail the lil QC issues (multiple finger registers, speaker grill from first batch, camera processing) and MAYBE switch to a wide angle/regular lens set up for the PH2, I would gladly pay the 600+

Keeptechcoolandsimple

Jul 5, 2017
Visit site
This phone is aging really well. i had to Port the pixel camera but other than that, updates have been quick and consistent, and the design and craftsmanship is holding up really well.

picked one up on a Black Friday sale as a backup phone on a impulse. it's since become my daily driver.

revtech

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Just picked up a halo gray for 250 on prime day deal, sounds like you all are happy with it now? A little nervous with all the bad press and all . . hoping I love it and that it will work fine on Verizon 🙄

revtech

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Mine came Friday from the prime day deal. Love the look and feel of the phone. Works well, I like that there's no bloat, and its cool being on 8.1 with the July security patch. Side-loaded the pixel camera which is a definite improvement. Only thing I'm not really digging is I love the in-hand feel and form factor but felt like I needed a case for protection; now that the case is here I hate the feel, like it completely nullifies the uniqueness of the phone. So I'll probably be back and forth going with/without the case. Maybe I'll try one of those 'bags' I've heard some people use . . . Anyway, this will hold me over till Pixel 3 😉

anon(3415124)

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I use dbrand skin on the back of mine, because I also prefer it without a case. Obviously still taking a risk, but at least I've got a little texture for grip on the back that way.

JoePa2624

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I really dig this phone and want to run naked as much as possible because of its feel.

I'm not a fan of the choppy scrolling though. It's somewhat disorienting

mlbrowninsc

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Mine is running really smooth using the lawnchair launcher. Coming from an iPhone 7plus it took a couple days to get used to the size but I'm increasingly a fan.

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I really dig this phone and want to run naked as much as possible because of its feel.

I'm not a fan of the choppy scrolling though. It's somewhat disorienting

Did you unlock the developer options? If not, do so and there's an option to increase scrolling sensitivity.

revtech

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
For the first time in a while I'm not lurking to see what my next phone will be . . of course I've only had it a couple weeks . . 😉

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Was nice to see phone and camera we're updated today. Strong support, timely updates. I'm sure we'll see Android 9.0 early in ~2 months time.

flip805

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Just got my PH-1 yesterday and I'm loving it! The build quality is excellent and the single firing bottom speaker is much louder than the one in my LG V20. Haven't played with the camera yet. Android 9 though is awesome with the gestures. Considering I only paid $100 for it with the OEM charger, 360 camera and extra usb-c cables, I'd say it's my steal deal of the year🤩

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Just got my PH-1 yesterday and I'm loving it! The build quality is excellent and the single firing bottom speaker is much louder than the one in my LG V20. Haven't played with the camera yet. Android 9 though is awesome with the gestures. Considering I only paid $100 for it with the OEM charger, 360 camera and extra usb-c cables, I'd say it's my steal deal of the year??????

So you're the guy in Palo Alto that beat me out? I was the first to respond to the CL ad, but live in Marin. The owner agreed to sell it to me for over $100 and ship USPS but then sold it to you instead. Oh well

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Just got my PH-1 yesterday and I'm loving it! The build quality is excellent and the single firing bottom speaker is much louder than the one in my LG V20. Haven't played with the camera yet. Android 9 though is awesome with the gestures. Considering I only paid $100 for it with the OEM charger, 360 camera and extra usb-c cables, I'd say it's my steal deal of the year🤩

So you're the guy in Palo Alto that beat me out? I was the first to respond to the CL ad, but live in Marin. The owner agreed to sell it to me for over $100 and ship USPS but then sold it to you instead. Oh well

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty