Not ringing all the time

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My Essential PH1 has become intermittent with ringing sometimes it rings when someone's calling me sometimes it doesn't. It's running on Oreo. There's no rhyme nor reason to if it's going to ring or not. I rebooted it multiple times it doesn't seem to fix the problem or fixes it temporarily. Is anyone else experiencing this? Any known fixes?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I'm so sorry that this issue is happening to you - that must be frustrating. Have you checked to see if this ringtone notification issue still occurs in Safe Mode? How long have you had your Essential Phone?

Roosterman

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
My Essential PH1 has become intermittent with ringing sometimes it rings when someone's calling me sometimes it doesn't. It's running on Oreo. There's no rhyme nor reason to if it's going to ring or not. I rebooted it multiple times it doesn't seem to fix the problem or fixes it temporarily. Is anyone else experiencing this? Any known fixes?

I've just noticed this happening to me. This week, I rebooted my phone and was notified I had two messages. I neigher of the calls actually rang the phone. There was also no indication of a voice mail until I rebooted.

I'm grasping here, but have wi-fi calling enabled. Maybe there is something with it interferrng when out of wi-fi range. I've turned it off and will see what happens.

crav4speed

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
this has been happening to me as well since the latest Oreo update. I've noticed that when I'm connected to WiFi, calls and texts do not come through. When I disable WiFi, they start coming through again. I've also noticed that the setting for wifi-calling has disappeared. I'm now forced to leave WiFi off until a fix is provided. Very upset at this!

Roosterman

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I am still having this problem even with wifi calling turned off. Interestingly, the message for the voicemail has a label "This is a message for the Apple Voicemail system" and from a large business. The previous missed messages had the same apple message. Since I'm on the PH-1 I'm a bit confused by this. My wife has an iPhone but I have never owned one personally.

Roosterman

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm still having the issue. All the telemarketer calls seem to come thru but not all the ones I have interest in. I use Ting to provide my TMO service. Worked with them quite awhile with no improvement. Last choice was to do a hard reset. After that painful process, I thought it was OK. However, I just found out I had a new voicemail. Never knew I had a call! This is very annoying.

Roosterman

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if this is the problem but visual voicemail shows it isn't able to set up properly. I've disabled it as an option and also running with wifi calling disabled.