My first impressions of the Essential phone with Android 9 / Pie

mike104393

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Amazon version got an exclusive matte gray. Those have a better manufacturing build. A lot of the moonlight black suffered from light leak and sound issues since those were the first batch made. By the time essential started manufacturing the gray variant, they fixed all of those issues.
Is there any difference between the Amazon version of the Essential, and the regular version? I am thinking back to the Amazon Fire phone which had its own odd way of doing things.
Thanks

xtimetraveler

Sep 6, 2018
Visit site
[Thanks to Androidcentral for running these blogs!!]
OK, thanks for updates. I received the moon black version a month or so ago and have seen none of the manufacturing issues mentioned above. I love this phone!!
Ordered the halo gray which will be delivered today, and I will give the black one to my daughter in law.
Two questions: What is the light leak issue, and what camera app is everyone using in place of the built in one?

danfrancisco

Trusted Member
Jan 8, 2017
Visit site
Loyal BlackBerry user here. I spend most of my time over on CrackBerry but decided to get the PH1 yesterday off of eBay and am now anxiously waiting for it to arrive at my doorstep.

I'm a hardcore pkb guy and have bought every BB imaginable, but really miss the gestures of an all touch BB10 phone like the Z10 and Z30. I'm hoping that with the PH1, coupled with Android P and BB's suite of tools, I'll be able to somewhat re-create that experience.

Really looking forward to playing with the new toy!

Andrew_404

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
Loyal BlackBerry user here. I spend most of my time over on CrackBerry but decided to get the PH1 yesterday off of eBay and am now anxiously waiting for it to arrive at my doorstep.

I'm a hardcore pkb guy and have bought every BB imaginable, but really miss the gestures of an all touch BB10 phone like the Z10 and Z30. I'm hoping that with the PH1, coupled with Android P and BB's suite of tools, I'll be able to somewhat re-create that experience.

We look forward to receiving some input and feedback comparing BB to your new Essential. Thanks

Nathan Conley

Sep 7, 2016
Visit site

So? What's the verdict? Also a loyal BB owner (still have a Priv and PP).

I will be receiving my second Essential Ph-1 on Saturday as I had to return my first from a second party reseller, as it wasn't recognized by CDMA Authentication. No loss though as the return shipping was free, and no restock cost.

Would have got the Key2 LE had they included the capacitive keyboard.