Has anyone been experiencing poor cell/data connections lately.. I am in roaming mode a lot lately and also just no data connection at all. I am on Sprint. Today I was standing next to my son today he has an iPhone full LTE signial. Me dead for an hour. Very strange
    11-24-2018 04:02 PM
    My Sprint PH-1 gets excellent 2g CDMA and LTE reception on Sprint. For LTE I'm primarily on band 41 near my apartment and I'm usually around 55 dbz (2g) and around 80 dbz (LTE Band 41).
    11-28-2018 02:42 PM
    All the time on ATT. I live in a major metropolis and noticed no bar from time to time on the freeway even with a cell tower in sight.
    12-10-2018 07:24 PM
    Here is my journey so far...

Greetings.

Here is what I have done so far.

Received phone from bestbuy in December

Activated on Boost (Sprint MVNO)

Used for 6 weeks in and around Knoxville. Data and signal started dropping to no service after one month. Dealt with Boost Customer service who gave the same steps you have me. Went to Boost store and they reset network, changed sim to no avail. Told me to try GSM carrier.

Wiped phone back to factory state

Switched to Simple Mobile (T-Mobile MVNO) Feburary.

Had Data connection 20 percent of time, cellular service 50 percent of time.

Contacted Simple Mobile customer service and they verified settings for network, etc. Told me to reset network again and it didn't work. After a week and internet research I switched to Verizon since they have the best signal saturation.

Reset phone again to factory.

Fresh Sim card for Verizon. Service was good for 2 days. Then data would not work on LTE and calls started dropping.

Called Verizon and settings verified. It was suggested that I drop in to a Verizon store for a new sim card.
    Went to Verizon store and they walked me through resetting phone to factory, installed new sim card and set up service from scratch. Seemed to work. I had service and left.

1 hour later I had no cellular service or data. Toggling airplane mode on and off gave me approximately 5 minutes of service and data.

I did that and researched every single thing I could online for over a week then, desperate I switched back to the Boost Mobile sim card. The same issues. I can use wifi and it works but I can't get LTE more than 50 percent of the time in and around downtown Knoxville. I can make and receive phone calls 70 percent of the time.

In desperation I emailed you at Essential and you gave me the exact same steps to follow as anyone else did. The problem is that the phone has an issue and is not capable of reliable service. I have done due diligence in troubleshooting the phone with 3 carriers. I have not installed any apps that interfere with normal operation. I require a remedy for this. I have done more than any resonable person should have to do in order to make this phone work and it still will not work.

What do I have to do to get this phone fixed or replaced?
    They offered to swap the phone if I paid 437 dollars up front and then got it back when they received my old one. I only paid 375 new at BestBuy. The thing is I cannot afford that. I asked if they would let me pay 200 (the cost of a screen replacement swap) and they abruptly told me no. It is crazy how many signal issue complaints there are. I found out too late. Should never have bought a phone that is "essentially" a wifi tablet.

Essential has apparently known about it for a LONG time.

If you are thinking about buying one please don't.....or I will happily sell you mine with the 360 camera for cheap.

If they will do this to people now imagine what they will do with the Essential Phone 2 when it comes out?

Show quoted text
    03-12-2019 11:25 AM
    Yikes...I've been searching for both the PH-1 and OnePlus 5T and this obviously concerns me though I notice the original post was in Nov 2018. Are you saying you've had the phone for 4 mos and its still dropping calls with poor data speeds?
    03-12-2019 12:56 PM