Essential PH-1 discontinued

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
The phone appears to be out of stock most places, including the Essential website, and Essential says they are no longer going to restock it (Per 9to5Google).

From an Essential spokesperson, "We are sold out of Essential Phone on essential.com and won’t be adding any new inventory. We are now hard at work on our next mobile product and will continue to sell accessories and provide speedy software updates and customer support to our existing community."

It will be interesting to see what the next "mobile product" will be -- I'd love to see a PH-2. At the same time, it is good to hear they still are going to continue to provide updates for the phone, as they previously promised.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
They're a bit slow. It came out in August 2017, and they should have started working on the new one by then. Most manufacturers are already working on a new one when the last one starts shipping. But you're right - something with a Snapdragon 845 (or 855, if they're starting now) would be a major improvement.

(One of Amazon's suppliers still has a few, though.)

Brigitte Laskowski

Oct 25, 2017
Visit site
you can get them on eBay. It seems even though I asked the notifications to stop for the Essential Phone because I have one now, I get 3 to 4 of them everyday from eBay.