Essential Phone Camera 2019

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I am getting an Essential Phone. Past reviews suggest getting a third party camera app. Did the phone receive sufficient updates to the camera or should I find a replacement app?

Brigitte Laskowski

Oct 25, 2017
Visit site
You need to download the Google Camera 6.2 APK. I have it on my Essential PH-1 and everything works including the selfie camera unlike the 6.1 version. Forgot to say, I'm on Android Pie. I have Q beta on my old Pixel 1 XL which has a battery that can't hold a charge and needs to be plugged in to work.

Rugish Dapeca

Sep 9, 2018
Visit site
You need to download the Google Camera 6.2 APK. I have it on my Essential PH-1 and everything works including the selfie camera unlike the 6.1 version. Forgot to say, I'm on Android Pie. I have Q beta on my old Pixel 1 XL which has a battery that can't hold a charge and needs to be plugged in to work.

Which APK file did you use for the 6.2 version? All the files I've found install but won't run on my PH-1 with Pie so I have to reinstall the 6.1 version I've been using for a while.

Rugish Dapeca

Sep 9, 2018
Visit site
That version works like a champ, thanks. Now to play with some of the advanced settings and see how well it performs in manual mode. I like the night sight feature, but I think I can do better with manually adjusting the ISO and shutter speed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca