Essential the Company is Done

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
the only thing I will miss about them is Newton mail app. Essentials purchased them and reopened them last February. I was glad because I really liked the app and their emaill skill where alexa could read all my emails, no matter what email service I had. Puts alexa's own email reading ability to shame.

Unfortunately it quit working back in December and they would not fix the skill so I decided not to renew. maybe it was fortunate since my subscription fee was due February 7 and essentials made their announcement this week. I would have been burned by them again if I would have renewed. I was burned the first time newton shutdown with about six months remaining on my subscription. but I must admit, if Newton mail is reopened and the newton mail skill is working, I will be back with them - it was that good.

qbenguy

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I just read that, and I was hoping this day wouldn't come. If this month's update is the last, what does that mean for the functionality of the phone? Do we need to consider another phone? I love my phone, and it still works great.

Is anyone considering switching to another phone?

Roosterman

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
IMO, this will make the phone somewhat like a Samsung phone. Sammy is notorious for their lack of updates. It primarily revolves around security updates. Essential phones, as time goes on, will become more vulnerable from a security point of view. I think the phones themselves will continue to perform as well as they have in the past. I don't really see any strong reason right now to change phones. How many phones out there come with Android 10? To me, going to almost any other phone right now would be a step backward or at best a lateral move.

My comments are based on the fact I won't spend $1000 give or take, for a new phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane