Best screen protector?

Ky1e.YC

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I tend to use cases AND screen shields... :D

Holdover habit from my Palm days...

So do I. But I m not sure which screen protector I should go with now. Seems IS is not really good choice comparing to the other choices. BTW, since I m pre-order EVO4G @ Shacks, any one know if they will offer those big brand's screen protector or good cases?

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Someone said they like this XO skin I think it was called. Now I don't really know which one I want. I wish it just came with one like my TP2 did!

H_D

Mar 2, 2009
Visit site
I think I'll forego the screen protector this time around IF & ONLY IF the screen is made of glass. Can anyone confirm that it is?

alan7467

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
I have found with my Hero there is no need for a protector. The glass looks as clean as the day I got it. I carry it in my pocket with no case. Never seen it get scratched. They way I feel is that if something is going to scratch the glass, it is most likely the result of a drop and it hitting something. In that case I would expect the glass to crack and break regardless of a protector or not.

This is because the Hero has an oleophobic coating on it that makes it scratch and smudge resistant. As far as I know the only phones on the market with this coating are the Hero and the iPhone. I have yet to hear that the EVO has the same. It should be easy to confirm one way or the other though. Somebody just needs to look at the light refraction on the EVO screen at an extreme angle. If there's a coating on it there should be a visible "ripple" effect.

If the screen is plastic or has no coating I'd recommend a PhantomSkinz protector. Not very easy to put on, but very durable and not too tacky once you get some finger oils on it.

Writermind

May 9, 2010
Visit site

Rudementry

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Zagg Invisible Shield

I was looking around at the Invisible Shield by Zagg for the Evo 4G and noticed 3 options:

Full Body Maximum Coverage for $24.99
Full Body Easy Install for $24.99
Screen Coverage for $14.99

Obviously the last option has no back to it, but I was curious, what is the difference between Full Body Maximum Coverage and Full Body Easy Install?

neilept

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
they have a video that shows the difference. The Easy install does not cover the "harder places to put it on", I would assume this means the sides and top, and such. I ordered the full body max with the 40% off coupon from a coupon site.

letsgoflyers81

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
There's a link that says "Click here to see the difference between coverage options." on the site and there's a Youtube video. But it doesn't say exactly how the two are different.

I tried Zagg for my Touch Pro but wasn't really impressed with it. The screen was tacky and all the pieces were a pain to put on. I'm thinking about getting a screen protector that covers the entire front of the phone and possibly a low profile hard case to protect the rest of it.

neilept

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
YouTube - Types of invisibleSHIELD?„? Coverage

It is tacky, I've put on my last 3 phones, (Curve, no big deal since it is not a touch screen, Instinct, and Pre). I like, it, and with it on the back, it gives it some grip, without adding bulk to the phone.

It is somewhat hard to put on, just take your time. My wife did the instinct and Curve, and I did the Pre, and I am not very patient, but it came out great.

Setite

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I think the amount of time ZAGG lasts is worth it. Having used everything from expensive anti-glare face protectors to the pennies Hong Kong crap, I can say that ZAGG is bother cheaper over the life of a device and takes less time when you factor in re-application of new screens as they bubble up. All of the higher end face protectors I had on my iPhones started to develop bubbles in the middle of the plastic and had to be replaced, even with my keeping the phone in an empty pocket of my bag. They weren't air bubbles, but splits in what I understand is a two piece screen protector.

Rudementry

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Is there a place I can go to compare the feel of Zagg and Phantom Skinz? Spending an hour reading reviews of the products really doesn't compare with spending 5 seconds of feeling them.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm