Best screen protector?

Richard_Danger

May 16, 2010
www.twitter.com
I have a clarivue and it's great.

So it has the cut out for the camera? Does it the cut out for the sensors as well?

Sin1134: I love the innocase. I got lucky and found the one with the holster at a best buy near me. Do the seidio cases have the cutouts for the front camera and/or sensors?

those zagg shields seem to messy and complicated to me

epphllps

May 9, 2010
Visit site
So it has the cut out for the camera? Does it the cut out for the sensors as well?

Sin1134: I love the innocase. I got lucky and found the one with the holster at a best buy near me. Do the seidio cases have the cutouts for the front camera and/or sensors?

Yeah, it has a cut out for front cam and sensors :)

Mustachio

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I agree. I bought StealthGuard brand screen protectors and the instructions said to use water. I decided not to, because of the horror stories I've heard, and because the protectors were sticky enough to not really need water. I got the second one on w/out bubbles, but it still looks crappy and doesn't feel good on my finger. Part of the problem is that tho there are no air bubbles, there's still air trapped, trapped in such a fine, well-distributed way that it doesn't clump into bubbles. But it's there nevertheless, and the visual result is that it gives the screen an uneven distribution of light transparency. That is, the parts with more air appear lighter, more gray, while the parts with less air appear darker, more black (which is good).

Maybe I should try a more expensive brand, one that doesn't suggest water be used, but I'm still not convinced protectors are necessary.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

I like the Zagg Skin but they can be a pain to put on.. Not TOO bad but they are not simple.. It's kind of like tinting a car window.... I installed the full body Zagg on the Nexus One I had and the EVO. What stinks is if a tiny piece of dust gets caught under it.. You won't notice until the sucker has dried to the device... I had a tiny piece of dust stuck under my N1 screen and I got one under the EVO skin.... on the N1 it was near the bottom left and the EVO it's at the top right....

I notice it because it's my phone and I look hard at it.... But friends and family don't notice it.... When the screen is on you can't even tell it's their but when it's off and you clean all the finger prints off it stands out since I KNOW IT'S THERE!!!!! LOL... I got no dust or any thing on the rear of the device... Only that one thing on the screen... Oh well...

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I agree. I bought StealthGuard brand screen protectors and the instructions said to use water. I decided not to, because of the horror stories I've heard, and because the protectors were sticky enough to not really need water. I got the second one on w/out bubbles, but it still looks crappy and doesn't feel good on my finger. Part of the problem is that tho there are no air bubbles, there's still air trapped, trapped in such a fine, well-distributed way that it doesn't clump into bubbles. But it's there nevertheless, and the visual result is that it gives the screen an uneven distribution of light transparency. That is, the parts with more air appear lighter, more gray, while the parts with less air appear darker, more black (which is good).

That's why you're supposed to use water. I don't blame you for not wanting to, but it's hardly fair to criticize the product when you didn't follow the instructions,

pdiddyfan79

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I personally use the pt case from best buy mobile. I had a zagg installed that day and the pt case fit right over it 10 minutes after install. The zagg was nice protection wise. Maybe it's just me, but the zagg seemed thinner than the one I had on my pre. The tacky rubber feeling left after about a day. I ended up taking it off and ordered some phantom skinz. Always been a fan of their products. They came today and install was a sinch! Maybe it was because I have installed several on may devices. A word to the wise: shake off as much excess water and try to turn the device (evo) over and put over your head and squeege. Sounds crazy, but it helps the water to not end up in the device. My phantom skin is so smooth and clear. I cut the device back on 1 hour after install. Will let it dry overnight without the case on and reinstall in the morning. The case fit the device right after install, but I advise air drying. I say go for the phantom skinz, but to each his own...

nmelkon1

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Trust me you need a God Dam Screen protector! I have 2 un-removable scratches now thxs to keys in my pocket or banging it against my couch or something! So Effin ANnoying! Hate it soo much!

JuniorWWT

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I carried a Hero around in my pocket for over 4 months with no screen protector and the screen is still mint. I tried the Sprint one and the Invisashield from Best Buy but they looked so bad compared to the naked screen that I decided to chance it. Glad I did. I will not be putting one on my Evo. Hopefully I dont regret it.

fredox19

May 7, 2010
Visit site
i love the zagg invisibleshield had on the pre and now on the evo. I had other but zagg are the clearest and they never scratch. And a lifetime replace. Which I used like 4time with the pre.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
i love the zagg invisibleshield had on the pre and now on the evo. I had other but zagg are the clearest and they never scratch. And a lifetime replace. Which I used like 4time with the pre.

Zagg screen is pretty good... I had a Skinomi skin on my Nexus One... I can't tell the difference between the Zagg and Skinomi... Skinomi has a cheaper "Retail" price and I would have went back with them except I got a 50% off coupon when I signed up for Zagg's newsletter and got the full body shield for my EVO for $12.50 plus I think $3 shipping... I think the Skinomi full body is around $19.99 on Amazon.com....

Installation of the two is identical and they both came with what appears to be the same solution... Probably both made by the same people in the long run..

nmelkon1

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
hmm I banged up my evo even more.. the bottom right has a gnarly battle scar which I think gives it some personality lolo

g3tpf.jpg

http://imgur.com/wtFZA.jpg
http://imgur.com/yOxca.jpg

also you can barely (or not my webcam sucks but they're there) see the 2 unremovable scratches near the top middle of the screen (the other is on the black so its nearly invisible)
http://imgur.com/zJKz5.jpg
http://imgur.com/yDBSe.jpg

Last edited: