This looks bad for 3rd party batteries

taalibeen

May 23, 2010
Visit site
You would think that since battery life is a major concern for these types of phones, that the manufacturers would develop extended batteries in tandem with the phone itself.

Of course the Cento can't do half of the things the pre and EVO can do, but my daughter left it at my house off the charger for a while week and when she came back she was able to pick it up and start texting.

I hate that my wireless device must always be wired too some charging device.

taalibeen

May 23, 2010
Visit site
You would think that since battery life is a major concern for these types of phones, that the manufacturers would develop extended batteries in tandem with the phone itself.

Of course the Cento can't do half of the things the pre and EVO can do, but my daughter left it at my house off the charger for a while week and when she came back she was able to pick it up and start texting.

I hate that my wireless device must always be wired too some charging device.

cdolan22

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Oh Seidio

Ha... I find it funny that Seidio comments on forums every single day but has not come here. I am sure people have PMed seidioseidio and told them about this, but they have nothing to say. What a poorly run company. Telling you Evo users to TAPE UP your brand new cases so they fit right, selling batteries with false ratings. Good job boys keep it up. Instead of fixing the problem that they created, they'll probably just tell everyone a way we can fix it ourselves. Bravo Seidio. Lying is awesome.

cdolan22

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Honestly I have purchased Seidio batteries for a couple of years now for many devices. I have purchased ext life oem and ext life oversized batteries. I bought them for my Treo, my BB Pearl then Curve & my Pre. I now have the EVO & will most likely get the same combo for it. I like the OEM ext life to carry around for an extra battery. The 2600 will be for extended outings. If you are out and about and a heavy user with no chance to connect to a power source then go for the 2600mah and you wont be disappointed. I was never really sure if the oem ext life batteries ever made a difference. Some days it seemed to make a difference then other days who knows. I do know that the 2600mah gives you plenty of juice for a good day and a half of use.

The tests in that link have the seidio running around 80% of what they claim and the OEM running at about 98%. Meaning a Seidio Battery claiming 2600 is really getting 2080. Your OEM battery for 2100 is getting 2058. I am guessing the OEM one is cheaper, and I would definitely rather give my money to an honest company.

IncrediBill

May 23, 2010
Visit site
BatteryBoss Calls Out False Capacity Claims!

Im very disappointed I was going to go with Seidio, but it appears like OEM is the way to go.

Amzer or Seidio If you read this forum please provide us with feedback.

TP2 batteries are the same batteries in the EVO

He should check my Seidio 1750, he'd change his story. I get about 20% more time out of mine which corresponds to the stated larger capacity of 1750 vs 1300.

I am not dissapointed with Seidio in the least. :D

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

Meaningless comparison. The Centro, while sitting there, didn't DO anything other than maintain a cell connection (assuming it was on). Turn off everything but the cell radio on your Evo,shut down all the programs and services that communicate, and let it sit there unused, and the battery will last a lot longer, too.

There's no magic wand for batteries. There are slightly different chemistries that produce a little bit more, or less capacity, but you're not going to get dramatically more capacity without making the package bigger.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I still think the cheap batteries on ebay are the best deal. Will they last as long as the OEM? Probably not. But if you use the OEM as your main battery, and the cheapo just as a backup when the OEM one fades, they're probably good enough. And at $10 for 2 batteries and a charger it's hard to complain.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I still think the cheap batteries on ebay are the best deal. Will they last as long as the OEM? Probably not. But if you use the OEM as your main battery, and the cheapo just as a backup when the OEM one fades, they're probably good enough. And at $10 for 2 batteries and a charger it's hard to complain.

It's one thing when you're getting backup batteries from Hong Kong for $5 a pop that are junk, but it's another when people are paying Seidio a premium for an main, extended battery only to not get what you pay for.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
He should check my Seidio 1750, he'd change his story. I get about 20% more time out of mine which corresponds to the stated larger capacity of 1750 vs 1300.

I am not dissapointed with Seidio in the least. :D

I picked up the Seidio 1750 mAh battery pack... I can't say I get any more or less battery life than with the stock battery. I used the stock battery for a week and then the Seidio for a week plus now.... I have not seen any major improvement in battery life... If there is any gain it's minimal.... I am actually planning to swap back to the stock battery tonight and run with it...

I just don't have the battery life issues others have posted. With both batteries I average between 14 - 16 hours on a charge with my WORST day being 10 hours (with the Seidio) and 30 hours (Also with the Seidio) just depends on how hard or light I am on the device....

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

As an FYI, these cheap batteries seem pretty good. I put one (fully charged) into my EVO 10 hours ago. It's been a pretty typical day for me: a few brief phone calls, some light web surfing, a ton of emails on EAS, and half a ton on Gmail, no text messages, and a bunch of calendar alarms. Both emails are on real time updates. Screen brightness is set to auto.

Done a small amount of playing with the phone. downloaded a couple of apps, and have an active wallpaper. I've not used 4G or wifi, but have had BT and the GPS radio on all day. I have weather bug set to update hourly.

After 10 hours, I'm at 50% battery left. At 2 batteries and a charger for $10, I think I got my money's worth!

Edit: I'm now at 15% battery left, after nearly 15 hours (14:53), but the Charge Now warning still hasn't popped up. I'm certainly not the hardest user of this phone, but I'd say this lasts about as long as my Palm Treo 755 did. I can't complain about this at all. Oh, there went my battery warning, at 14:55.

As a counterpoint, yesterday I kept 4G on a good part of the day, used Sprint Navigation for a total of about an hour, did a lot more playing with the phone, and downloaded more apps. I got somewhere around 4 hours off a battery. 4G and GPS navigation will really kill the battery.

Last edited:

MikeBinOK

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
On my Pre, I bought one of the Seidio super extended batteries, and loved the increased battery life, but it wasn't as big an improvement as the claimed amperage figures suggested. After I replaced my Pre due to USB port cracking, I went to TOuchstone charging exclusively, so got one of the Seidio batteries that fit the OEM case and suggest about 15%more battery life. In switching between Seidio extended and OEM, could tell no difference in battery life. The seidio battery died just before the warranty ended, and I didntbother to try to make a warranty claim.

For my EVO I'm gonna buy a second OEM battery as a spare and be done with it.

Incidentally when there was a problem with LED flash on the battery cover for the big case for the super extended battery, Seidio sent a redesigned battery case promptly. Also, I liked the rubberized grippy stuff on the Seidio battery cover better than the grip on the Pre Touchstone battery cover, and much better than the Teflon coating on the stock Pre battery cover. Some Seidio good points.

capthr

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I bought 3 batteries from dealtime.com They cost me a TOTAL of <$15.00 w/ free shipping. They are good for about 4 to 5 hrs. each. I also have an OEM Hero battery I bought on ebay for $16 which is just as good as the EVO OEM battery. The only problem with dealtime is they are in Hong kong and it took about 3 weeks to arrive.

edgemaster191

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
i'm in the same boat as everyone else.

on the one hand, i bought a Seidio 2600mah battery for my Pre and it made a HUGE difference. i could get 6 - 8 hours on the stock Pre battery and with the seidio i could go about 36 hours. (granted 8 hours of that was overnight with the phone at idle with just the alarm app running with WiFi enabled)

i'm wondering if i should hold off for seidio to come out with a larger battery for the Evo or just order one of the kits on ebay (2 1500mah batteries and a charger).

anyone use the 2 pack with charger that are selling on ebay? are they safe to use? if they have a slightly less charge time than the OEM thats not a huge deal, the Evo boots up MUCH faster than my Pre did so swapping out batteries isn't a big deal, esp if i can have 2 on the charger at all times.

thanks for any info guys :)

atomicdog21

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Ugh this all doesn't make me feel too good about the Amzer 1800 mha I've got coming in the mail. Hopefully it's good news when battery boss fills in that part of his chart.

mellisnj

May 15, 2010
www.facebook.com
i'm wondering if i should hold off for seidio to come out with a larger battery for the Evo or just order one of the kits on ebay (2 1500mah batteries and a charger).

anyone use the 2 pack with charger that are selling on ebay? are they safe to use? if they have a slightly less charge time than the OEM thats not a huge deal, the Evo boots up MUCH faster than my Pre did so swapping out batteries isn't a big deal, esp if i can have 2 on the charger at all times.

/QUOTE]

I got the kit and the two batteries now work great. Took a lil time to break them in but it was a great buy. The external charger works well. I have only used it along with the usb attachment one time just for safety measures. It's probably fine to use it but I don't remember the specs on the charger. Battery life will never be an issue for me though I get good battery use on my stock battery.