This looks bad for 3rd party batteries

jxs1984

May 25, 2010
Visit site
eww. thanks for the link. you say the tp2 batteries are the same in the evo... do you know if that tp2 oem 2150mah battery fits?

edit: nevermind... its too big and it requires an extended back cover. see here: http://www.amazon.com/HTC-Extended-...tag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU126847

this is from seido's website:
"In order to obtain the full capacity of your Seidio battery, we highly recommend that you leave the battery/your phone on the charger for an additional 2-3 hours after the charging indicator turns green or the battery status shows full."

Last edited:

Yourdogsdead

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Interesting read. They are playing off the "higher is better" thinking trend that is going on here. When it comes to battery capacity though, the higher the amperage the better. They are just overrating their batteries and selling them in a misleading way.

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
If true that really SUCKS!!!

I just got the 1750 battery. Not from Amazon but their link is:
Amazon.com: Seidio Inno 1750mAh Extended Life Battery for Use With HTC Touch Pro 2, HTC Hero, and HTC Evo 4G (Black): Cell Phones & Service

Weird how some people in the reviews seem to get battery life and others don't. That intrigues me. Maybe the guy who did the review had a bad one? Non-conditioned one? Other factors?

I can live with it being at least 1500 like OEM but to pay for MORE and actually be LESS than OEM!!!

Last edited:

jxs1984

May 25, 2010
Visit site
If true that really SUCKS!!!

I just got the 1750 battery. Not from Amazon but their link is:
Amazon.com: Seidio Inno 1750mAh Extended Life Battery for Use With HTC Touch Pro 2, HTC Hero, and HTC Evo 4G (Black): Cell Phones & Service

Weird how some people in the reviews seem to get battery life and others don't. That intrigues me. Maybe the guy who did the review had a bad one? Non-conditioned one? Other factors?

I can live with it being at least 1500 like OEM but to pay for MORE and actually be LESS than OEM!!!

the battery boss tested three seido batteries and none of them are not even close to the rated capacity... what does that tell you?

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
the battery boss tested three seido batteries and none of them are not even close to the rated capacity... what does that tell you?

That tells me that maybe I should send that back.... i:(i
Thanks man... Good stuff to know...

The more I think about it, maybe I will just keep it as I already have it and it would cost me to send it back anyway. If it performs bad I will never get another from them that is for sure.

jxs1984

May 25, 2010
Visit site
That tells me that maybe I should send that back.... i:(i
Thanks man... Good stuff to know...

The more I think about it, maybe I will just keep it as I already have it and it would cost me to send it back anyway. If it performs bad I will never get another from them that is for sure.

can you do a review with it? keep us posted!

twennywonn

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I have also seen Seidio on this forum if they don't chime in, they will lose more creditability in my mind.

If they offer us a special coupon code for the battery we could all review it. ;)

popo341

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Seidio battery

Honestly I have purchased Seidio batteries for a couple of years now for many devices. I have purchased ext life oem and ext life oversized batteries. I bought them for my Treo, my BB Pearl then Curve & my Pre. I now have the EVO & will most likely get the same combo for it. I like the OEM ext life to carry around for an extra battery. The 2600 will be for extended outings. If you are out and about and a heavy user with no chance to connect to a power source then go for the 2600mah and you wont be disappointed. I was never really sure if the oem ext life batteries ever made a difference. Some days it seemed to make a difference then other days who knows. I do know that the 2600mah gives you plenty of juice for a good day and a half of use.