External Batteries for the Evo 4G

Android Believer

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Considering the thread posted a little while ago on after market batteries, I decided to look into some other alternatives. And I happened to come across something called an 'External Battery'; I know amazing! :p

Now I personally haven't heard much talk about these. I have, however, heard lots of talk about carrying around multiple OEM 1500 mAh batteries and changing them out when one dies, and I don't see how this would be too much different; maybe even a little easier in some situations, like an extremely long vacation trip drive or on a camping trip.

Now if anyone could, just chime in and give me your opinion on...

1. What your view is on the idea of having an external battery for a smartphone that sucks the life out of batteries extremely fast.

2. What brands I should go with if I were actually interested in purchasing a higher mAh rated external battery, considering the dishonesty shown when marketing the mAh rating of third-party batteries.

Any advice, comments, and opinions would be greatly appreciated. Here is a link to just a few 'external batteries' that are offered for a various number of smart phones and other electrical devices.

Fitz1015

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
i was thinking on getting one just to keep in my Harley for emergency's. i broke down one time and all i had on the battery was one call. lucky for me thats all i needed that time.

lembowski

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I ordered one of these the other day:

ZAGG | ZAGGsparq 2.0 | 4 full iPhone charges, Charges the iPad with an additional 5-6 hours of video, mobile battery, device charger, cellphone charger, portable battery pack, 6000 mAh lithium polymer battery, USB x2 at 1000 mAh output, AC 100-240 v/

I kept entering the ipad promotion on their site until I got a 50% off code making it $50 for this and $7 for the screen protector.

The original Zaggsparq got pretty bad reviews, but the new 2.0 revision most of the bad has been addressed. A co-worker has had his 2.0 for 2 weeks now after waiting for a replacement from his 1st one and it holds a charge much better and has a better standbye time.

And he gets 2 full charges on his Nexus One