ATTENTION SEIDIO: We want our 4g cases on the 4th!!!!!

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Hi. I ordered a Seidio case with the fastest available shipping which was 2 days. If you guys ship it on the 3rd, that means, the 5th is a Saturday.

Unfortunately, UPS or Fed Ex doesn't deliver on a Saturday for 2 day shipping. As a result, it will come Monday, June 7 making me go 4 days without the case.

Can you talk to upper management on shipping all 2-day orders overnight so we actually get it on the 4th?

Common sense would indicate that those who actually pre-order Seidio cases also pre-ordered the phone on the 4th. It would be nice to get both items on the same day.

We all know that Seidio is already shipping these cases out by the multiple mentions on the forums.

If you could do us customers this favor, we would most probably be repeat customers and appreciate this favor. In fact, a fellow board member's review helped me decide to get this case and I am a first time customer.

Thank you for your time

PS: 2 day shipping is $15...we all know overnight is cheaper than $15 anyhow.

Last edited:

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Seidio would be shooting itself in the foot if they can't even do their customers this favor.

I definitely would not order from them again if it turns out I get it on Monday; however, I would absolutely love them if they did ship it overnight

error4o4

May 17, 2010
Visit site
As nice as that is, they offer you the customer the choice to pay for Overnight. Its not their fault it comes out on a Friday, that's Sprint.

Need it Saturday, pay overnight. Otherwise be careful.

To say you'll never order again for such a reason is being excessively greedy and to me demonstrates the primary customer I don't mind losing. (Not saying you are, but the loud complainers tend to never be the big spenders anyways in retail.)

PlainOldMike

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Or, rather than ship everything overnight, just send out the 2 Day packages on Wed so we get them on Fri with our shiny new Evo's. I have 2 Innocases, one with holster, and a 2 pack of screen protectors ordered. It would be great to have these on release day.

BPHusker

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I agree, I don't understand why they don't ship out on Tuesday, considering other companies seem to already be shipping out their Evo stuff. I am considering getting another screen protector because I'd like to protect my screen on the first day.

PhantomPhreak53

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I agree, I don't understand why they don't ship out on Tuesday, considering other companies seem to already be shipping out their Evo stuff. I am considering getting another screen protector because I'd like to protect my screen on the first day.

I ordered the invsishield screen protector from Zagg two days ago and I'm suppose to get it today. It's a little more expensive than Seidio's but I actually think it's better.

I do agree that Seidio should ship out the cases earlier. Has anyone emailed them and asked why they are waiting so long?

neilept

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
They aren't shipping out earlier, to try to encourage you to pay more for the overnight shipping :)

I don't know if I just missed it, but before when I looked at it, I didn't see the case / holster combo together, you had to pay $30 for each. But now it's available as the combo for $50 (sorry if I just missed it)

bmhanson

May 20, 2010
Visit site
As nice as that is, they offer you the customer the choice to pay for Overnight. Its not their fault it comes out on a Friday, that's Sprint.

OK, some misinformation there.

1. They do not offer overnight. The only options when I ordered was "FedEx Express Saver", "FedEx 2 day" and "US Postal Service". Overnight was not an option.

2. The items in question do not come out on Friday, that is the phone. The ship date for the pre-order accessories is 6/3 which is Thursday. The do have control over when they ship their accessories.

Am I saying I won't ever order from them because of this? No. Do I think it was a bad decision to ship the items on the 3rd instead of the 2nd so that those who may actually need them on the 4th would have them? Most assuredly. I believe this thread is evidence to support that assertion.

The FedEx 2 day also says it does not deliver on Saturday or holidays so as has been pointed out, we are looking at Monday before getting the accessories, not Saturday.

italiangspot

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
DAM I THOUGHT i was nuts with my phone and its protection and cases .. some people are worse then me .. happy to see this ...

when my wife heard that RS was opening at 6am for the phone release .. she said have fun going there that early .. there is no way i am getting up that early to go pick up a phone.. haha, especially on her day off

i have been on the edge of my seat to order the seidio case/holster combo ... but just wanna see what is released first .. sprint is supposed to release a charging case and holster for the evo ... wanna see that first before i jump ship with seidio .. i can still return seidio i know but i loose out on the shipping to and from ... which would easliy add up to over $20

Last edited:

Gelst

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Do they not sell accessories in store?

I'd be willing to bet you could buy some cheapo case to hold you over till the holy grail of cases arrive from seido

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site

Need it Saturday, pay overnight. Otherwise be careful.

To say you'll never order again for such a reason is being excessively greedy and to me demonstrates the primary customer I don't mind losing. (Not saying you are, but the loud complainers tend to never be the big spenders anyways in retail.)

I think you are mistaken...please reread my post...this has nothing to do with sprint or Seidio sending it out to 3rd party retailers....

this is directly ordering from Seidio and the fastest option to ship was 2 day

I buy a lot of high-end things and I pay the premium for it ($50 for 2 pieces of plastic).....People who pay the premium on things want premium customer service..simple as that

When I take my car to the dealership, for which I paid a premium price for, my dealership treats me as a premium customer...no waiting...free food drinks, free loaners, etc, heck..the GM once took me out for lunch!

They aren't shipping out earlier, to try to encourage you to pay more for the overnight shipping :)

I don't know if I just missed it, but before when I looked at it, I didn't see the case / holster combo together, you had to pay $30 for each. But now it's available as the combo for $50 (sorry if I just missed it)

I would have paid for the overnight if it was available to me....but it wasn't an option
Actually overnight shipping IS available. It's Fedex standard overnight,costs $25 for me.
really? how? it clearly did not show that as an option for me....the fastest was 2 days and cost me ~$15.....I would have gladly paid the $10 more for overnight

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Cell phone cases aren't needed. Why add thickness to the device while at the same time covering up the hot design of the Evo? I'd rather risk a few scratches while enjoying the phone in all it's glory than cover the entire thing up.

BPHusker

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Cell phone cases aren't needed. Why add thickness to the device while at the same time covering up the hot design of the Evo? I'd rather risk a few scratches while enjoying the phone in all it's glory than cover the entire thing up.

The Innocase is really thin, so it doesn't add much thickness to the device. I have one for my TP2 and it is great. I guess I just don't want to get any scratches on my new phone.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site

Seidio cases add no more than 1mm to your device....I can care less about cases, but if you read the reviews, you will notice that the lens sticks out, so it can easily get scratched....but the seidio cases have it so the lens isn't the first thing touching the surface

also if you face your phone down and there is some grime on the surface, it can scratch it...the extra 1mm prevents that

The reason why I got this case is primarily for the holster....I have to tuck in my shirt, wear a tie, etc and this phone is too big for my pocket

optimus

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Just got off the phone with Seidio, who says that they might be shipping on 6/1 instead of 6/3. I'm going to hear back from them today to confirm. Apparently their stock is arriving today.

Last edited: