EVO car mount

Caitlyn McKenzie

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Personally, I don't want a universal mount because they don't include chargers. It's really annoying to have to plug in crap every time you get in the car, and I'm trying to reduce that as much as possible.

Also, rumor has it that there will be a car dock coming in July that will charge as well as put the EVO into "Car mode", which would be really handy for me.

Nitrousoxide

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Personally, I don't want a universal mount because they don't include chargers. It's really annoying to have to plug in crap every time you get in the car, and I'm trying to reduce that as much as possible.

Also, rumor has it that there will be a car dock coming in July that will charge as well as put the EVO into "Car mode", which would be really handy for me.

I personally want a universal car charger because I already went out and bought the 12v to USB power adapter and a USB to Micro USB cable. Also universal car mounts don't need replacing with every new phone, and hassle of plugging in the phone is really very minor.

Yourdogsdead

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I'll get that one then. You're right, having to plug in the phone is a pain. I am usually juggling five other items when getting into the car and don't need to have to fumble with the USB cord.

mvpilot172

May 7, 2010
Visit site
If the car mount is really going to be $59.99 (It was in a story I read) it will never sell. I'd still rather have a stand alone device as my primary GPS. I'd but this for $20 but at almost $60 it's too much.

cesjr02

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I hope that ProClip, Seidio, HTC or somebody will release one soon. Summer has begun and GPS Nav is one of the biggest features of the Evo.

Jordus

Banned
May 5, 2010
Visit site
59.99 is a hard pill to swallow for the HTC car mount, but i do like the integrated power.

Actually, I'll get it for 45 because of the 25% accessory discount for sprint premier customers. So thats easier to take.

You can get standalone GPS' for ~100$, so they need to be careful on their pricing of just a mount.

andddlay01

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Hello. I found a car mount for cheap ($3.68 + shipping)!

For only $3.01 each when QTY 50+ purchased - Universal GPS Car Mount Holder | For Garmin

Then on my recent order, I bought a cigarette lighter to USB adapter for $1.16 (I wanted the white one):

For only $0.99 each when QTY 50+ purchased - Car Charger (Cigarette Lighter) to USB Female Converter - White | Car Charger Accessories

Then to complete that charging unit, added a 1.5' MicroUSB cable for $1.02:

For only $0.84 each when QTY 50+ purchased - USB 2.0 A Male to Micro 5pin Male 28/24AWG Cable w/ Ferrite Core - (Gold Plated) - 1.5ft | USB 2.0 Cables - Micro-B Type

Such a cheap purchase for something so useful - I love monoprice.com :)

forumsid987

Banned
Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Is there something that has a ball mount backing but a universal holder? this way i can use the garmin mat that has the arm built on it with the ball

Nitrousoxide

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Hello. I found a car mount for cheap ($3.68 + shipping)!

For only $3.01 each when QTY 50+ purchased - Universal GPS Car Mount Holder | For Garmin

Then on my recent order, I bought a cigarette lighter to USB adapter for $1.16 (I wanted the white one):

For only $0.99 each when QTY 50+ purchased - Car Charger (Cigarette Lighter) to USB Female Converter - White | Car Charger Accessories

Then to complete that charging unit, added a 1.5' MicroUSB cable for $1.02:

For only $0.84 each when QTY 50+ purchased - USB 2.0 A Male to Micro 5pin Male 28/24AWG Cable w/ Ferrite Core - (Gold Plated) - 1.5ft | USB 2.0 Cables - Micro-B Type

Such a cheap purchase for something so useful - I love monoprice.com :)

I decided to go with this one. Even if it sucks, since it's only about 6.50 shipped it's no big loss.

Plus I honestly couldn't find ANY reviews for any other generic car mount so this one is my best bet anyway.

forumsid987

Banned
Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Last edited:

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Ok So the Sprint car dock is going to also charge your phone and put it into car mode automatically correct? I'll have a car charger so I am not worried about plugging it in. My worry is I don't want to have to take my case off every time. I ordered a Sedieo Innocase. But also I was looking at this and my friend said it should fit in here with any case on.. What's your alls opinion this one not counting the price. It's still cheaper than Sprints. And also can you just turn on the car mode or whatever on your own when you put it in the dock? I kind of like this and wonder how well it works not suctioned to the windshield.

Amazon.com: Car Bean Bag Dash & Windshield Holder for the HTC EVO 4G - Gomadic Brand: Electronics

Last edited:

forumsid987

Banned
Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Ok So the SPrint car dock is going to also charge your phone and put it into car mode automatically correct? I'll have a car charger so I am not worried about plugging it in. My worry is I don't want to have to take my case off every time. I ordered a Sedieo Innocase. But also I was looking at this and my friend said it should fit in here with any case on.. What's your alls opinion this one not counting the price. It's still cheaper than Sprints. And also can you just turn on the car mode or whatever on your own when you put it in the dock? I kind of like this and wonder how well it works not suctioned to the windshield.

Amazon.com: Car Bean Bag Dash & Windshield Holder for the HTC EVO 4G - Gomadic Brand: Electronics

Yes the sprint car dock will charge, it will probably require you to remove your case though...can't say for certain.

the link you posted is great but it's actually the exact same mount that i have posted in my link (bracketron) but it's on a bean bag. if you have to have the bean bag, then go with that...if you don't and you just want a windshield then look at the other ones by bracketron. they have a cup, windshield and vent holder. all amazing, and very cheap prices.

DesertSilver#AC

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel