All the answers about the Platinum case for EVO at Best Buy...

pdiddyfan79

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I needed a case and screen protector and came to the forums for help. I saw some good things, but nothing in-depth so I decided to do this thread. Some of you have the PT case from Best Buy. I bought it along with a zagg. The zagg went on flawlessly. The pt case went on right over it. The zaggs edges are hidden by the case. The zagg has a little more friction to it, but not much. The case DOES protect the camera lens. It's not a fiddley case at all. I love it. The holster that came with it is great as well. These pt cases are made by seidio, so you're essentially getting an innocase and holster. They're great and u can tell seidio made them. Hell, it's on the packaging. The case was 35 dollars with the holster or 30 dollars without the holster. I got the zagg for 11 dollars because you get half off when you buy another accessory. You can actually try the phantom skinz if you like also. My cousin has his on. It's nice too. I believe that may about cover any questions anyone may have. I didn't post this to dis others who may have posted about the case. I just didn't wanna bother asking questions and just went ahead and found out for myself. Now, I'm just letting you guys know. Also, I'm a pre defector, lol. Long live ANDROID...

In the pics, the case is on the phone and placed in the holster. Yes, its frontward facing or backward facing. I can add more pics whenever I find out how....

Last edited:

ttkk1

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Got one in black, really have to agree this a great setup. The holster is solid and never touches the screen. I would recommend.

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I got the same exact setup. However,i haven't put my zagg on yet. I have the body glove case and that also fits in the holster.

Sent from my Sprint HTC Evo

cpolism

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I got the PT case as well. But when I went to take it off to show someone the phone without the case on it, I felt like I was going to break the phone getting it off. Have you guys found an easy way to get it off? I just assumed it came off the opposite of how it went on...but that doesn't seem the be the case. Anyone else have any luck?

pdiddyfan79

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I got the PT case as well. But when I went to take it off to show someone the phone without the case on it, I felt like I was going to break the phone getting it off. Have you guys found an easy way to get it off? I just assumed it came off the opposite of how it went on...but that doesn't seem the be the case. Anyone else have any luck?

Someone on another thread said pull from side by the bottom half...

domer

May 18, 2010
Visit site
OP, thanks for posting those pics!

Does the case have a rubberized feel to it? The BB website says "antistatic coating", whatever that is.

Also, do you have any trouble typing or using the touchscreen buttons (I don't know the proper name) along the bottom of the phone?

Thanks!

Last edited:

bronconia

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site

Easy fix for you. Grab the outside edges of the case with both hands, and place your pointer finger right in the middle of the lower half of the case. Apply pressure down, while sliding the top half off. I NEVER thought that little lip that connects the two would hold, but it does. So, essentially, you're just depressing the lip to slide off the top half

EVO Navian

May 31, 2010
Visit site

It took me awhile to figure out how to remove this case. Simply push the bottom half of the case in the section where it splits (middle part where it snaps in together) down. It will unsnap (you'll hear a slight pop) the top half and viola! It would of been nice if the instructions stated how to remove the case as well. My husband at first started using his nails and even scratched my back camera lens trying to figure out how to remove it :eek:

pdiddyfan79

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
To be honest, this case feels better than the innocase I had on my pre. The feel is great and it is rubberised. I guess the anitstatic means it won't collect dust while in your pocket. The screen has a tad bit more friction on it. It's not as slick as a naked screen and u can notice it when doing your unlock pattern. No trouble typing or with buttons. Friction isn't a deal breaker. Actually, I've only had mine on for maybe 4 hours. The friction is getting a little less severe the longer its on. Will be better by tomorrow...

pdiddyfan79

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I said that wrong. The friction is only with the zagg on. No, theres no problem with typing whatsoever... The case is made by Seidio. If you are familiar with them, then u know how it feels. The guys at best buy mobile said that seidio was licensed to make best buy those line of cases. Better than ordering online...

Last edited:

domer

May 18, 2010
Visit site
To be honest, this case feels better than the innocase I had on my pre. The feel is great and it is rubberised. I guess the anitstatic means it won't collect dust while in your pocket. The screen has a tad bit more friction on it. It's not as slick as a naked screen and u can notice it when doing your unlock pattern. No trouble typing or with buttons. Friction isn't a deal breaker. Actually, I've only had mine on for maybe 4 hours. The friction is getting a little less severe the longer its on. Will be better by tomorrow...

Great, thanks!

Looks like I'm off to BB to pick up the case :)

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
The sold me the case, zagg shield installed, and a charger for $40. I got to choose between two different cases. Both from the company. I took the one with the belt clip. So far, no complaint here.

RG129

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Got mine and a Zagg for $29.99 at my Best Buy. Will probably sell the Zagg (waiting for my Clarivue to arrive), but loving the case!

I stopped by my local Sprint store just to check out the silicone cases (which I usually prefer), but they were too flimsy and seemed a little loose. All the other customers seemed to like this case as well, much better than the silicone one or the Body Glove (with that horrible backside!).

Chris5#WN

May 16, 2010
Visit site
The belt clip version is basically non-exsistent right now in 3 BB's I checked so far this weekend.. They all claimed the had in like 4 before selling out and now its a crap shoot when they will get more in ...

I grabbed the non-belt version to be safe until they get more in and will swap out for it hopefully next week .. The dam phone is not a pocket phone thats for sure, but i still love my Eva!!

pdiddyfan79

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I went to a Best Buy mobile to get mine. They said they supposedly had a lot of cases since they didn't exactly have the evo's for sale, they just got all the accessories. That's what they said anyway, but I think some bb mobile's did carry the phone...

seidioseidio

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Best Buy also carries other case (also under Platnium series) for EVO which is not from Seidio. To know which case is Seidio Innocase, look for seidio name on the bottom of the package.

Seidio

pdiddyfan79

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Best Buy also carries other case (also under Platnium series) for EVO which is not from Seidio. To know which case is Seidio Innocase, look for seidio name on the bottom of the package.

Seidio

Didn't notice any others not by seidio. Wonder if it was the purple ones. Yeah, look on bottom. That's how I knew it was Seidio. This case rocks.....

MNofsinger

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I also have this case. I really like it. I got the one with the bel clip/cover. It fits really well and helps to protect the camera lens. It is really difficult to get off though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
praestrudtulle