Extended Battery Options

Night Train

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
I've read all the reports on the questionable 3rd party batteries. Question is, Where do we find the best, longest lasting battery for the Evo? Does HTC or any other legitimate company produce a higher capacity, longer lasting battery than that which comes with the phone?

Am I gonna have to plug it in every chance I get at home, at work and in the car?

If I knew for sure, I'd order it today....

Last edited by a moderator:

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I used a Seido 2600mAh extended battery for my Palm pre and it was the best investment for the phone I made. My GF also used on on her Palm Pre as well. Gave me over a day and then some of heavy usage.

With my personal experience with Seido batteries, I'd try one if they offered one for the EVO.

Chevalier

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I used a Seido 2600mAh extended battery for my Palm pre and it was the best investment for the phone I made. My GF also used on on her Palm Pre as well. Gave me over a day and then some of heavy usage.

With my personal experience with Seido batteries, I'd try one if they offered one for the EVO.

The HTC Hero 1750mAh Seidio battery does work with the Evo. It's also 10 dollars off on Amazon right now (just placed my own order :p) although it isn't nearly as large as a 2600mAh battery, it doesn't make the phone any thicker, which is great because the thing is so damn big already you definitely don't need it to be any larger.

melnick7

May 27, 2010
Visit site

i have a pre too. do u have the evo yet?
i plan on switching. evo looks awesome!

Night Train

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site

That's what I thought too before reading this thread...

apexi350z

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I know what you are saying, but the numbers don't lie..
I don't think there's a way for us consumers to test the actual mAh rating, since we don't have a test bench, but sometimes your mind can make you believe things, because you are trying to justify spending $50 on a battery.

From looking at the chart, ALL the Seidio batteries didn't meet the rated mAh...
I hope it's not true.. Just hope the EVO cells are better.. Since those tests are not for "EVO" batteries.

Slayix312

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm also trying to find a good battery. Hoping to snap a mid 2k one. I had a Seidio 2.6k one as well and it seemed like it lasted 3x as long as the OEM one in the Pre.

Night Train

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
What, you think the people using the extended batteries and getting notably better performance out of them are all imagining it? I somehow doubt that all the batteries Seidio sells would underperform like that. Take those numbers with a grain of salt.
For the record, I bought a 1750 Seidio battery for the Incredible I had at one time. It did seem to last somewhat longer than the original battery.

But the numbers are still there and if that site has any credibility (why would they make this stuff up?), the results are somewhat alarming. With all the talk about counterfeit stuff made in China and elsewhere, how are consumers supposed to tell the real thing from a fake?

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
If pure beast is what you want and don't care about thickness, they are making a 3500mAh battery. I have it on my hero, it makes it thicker by a significant amount, but I honestly don't care.

frank828#AC

May 27, 2010
Visit site
last time i tried an aftermarket battery was in my old treo days(600,650,700p). i tried the higher capacity seidio then and i really didnt notice much of an increase at all in length of use.

im really not surprised by the site showing the low test results.

i'm sticking with OEM batteries(super cheap on ebay too, even if most are used).

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
What, you think the people using the extended batteries and getting notably better performance out of them are all imagining it? I somehow doubt that all the batteries Seidio sells would underperform like that. Take those numbers with a grain of salt.

Exactly! I had read that site that was posted and I'll take my personal experience over the numbers they posted. I'm surprised so many people are just taking the information and basing decisions on not buying a 3rd-party battery now. Third-party extended batteries are nothing new. Not saying they don't necessarily know what they are doing, but it is one site.

Yourdogsdead

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I do agree with the site about disclaiming the batteries. They are overrating them and they aren't achieving there rated amperage. It's still slightly better than the stock battery though.

jxs1984

May 25, 2010
Visit site
the only aftermarket battery worth upgrading is the upcoming 3500mah one if you don't mind the extended back cover. according to batteryboss.org the seido 3200mah battery for the n1 resulted in 2691mah and that's plentiful higher than n1's 1400mah oem battery.

Yourdogsdead

May 15, 2010
Visit site
the only aftermarket battery worth upgrading is the upcoming 3500mah one if you don't mind the extended back cover. according to batteryboss.org the seido 3200mah battery for the n1 resulted in 2691mah and that's plentiful higher than n1's 1400mah oem battery.

It adds extra girth to the back of the phone. You need a new cover.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay