07-16-2010 11:54 PM
237 123 ...
tools
    I've read all the reports on the questionable 3rd party batteries. Question is, Where do we find the best, longest lasting battery for the Evo? Does HTC or any other legitimate company produce a higher capacity, longer lasting battery than that which comes with the phone?

Am I gonna have to plug it in every chance I get at home, at work and in the car?

If I knew for sure, I'd order it today....
    05-27-2010 02:05 PM
    I used a Seido 2600mAh extended battery for my Palm pre and it was the best investment for the phone I made. My GF also used on on her Palm Pre as well. Gave me over a day and then some of heavy usage.

With my personal experience with Seido batteries, I'd try one if they offered one for the EVO.
    05-27-2010 02:08 PM
    I used a Seido 2600mAh extended battery for my Palm pre and it was the best investment for the phone I made. My GF also used on on her Palm Pre as well. Gave me over a day and then some of heavy usage.

With my personal experience with Seido batteries, I'd try one if they offered one for the EVO.
    The HTC Hero 1750mAh Seidio battery does work with the Evo. It's also 10 dollars off on Amazon right now (just placed my own order ) although it isn't nearly as large as a 2600mAh battery, it doesn't make the phone any thicker, which is great because the thing is so damn big already you definitely don't need it to be any larger.
    05-27-2010 03:16 PM

i have a pre too. do u have the evo yet?
    i plan on switching. evo looks awesome!
    05-27-2010 03:16 PM

That's what I thought too before reading this thread...
    05-27-2010 03:27 PM
    That's what I thought too before reading this thread...
    What, you think the people using the extended batteries and getting notably better performance out of them are all imagining it? I somehow doubt that all the batteries Seidio sells would underperform like that. Take those numbers with a grain of salt.
    05-27-2010 03:49 PM
    I know what you are saying, but the numbers don't lie..
    I don't think there's a way for us consumers to test the actual mAh rating, since we don't have a test bench, but sometimes your mind can make you believe things, because you are trying to justify spending $50 on a battery.

From looking at the chart, ALL the Seidio batteries didn't meet the rated mAh...
    I hope it's not true.. Just hope the EVO cells are better.. Since those tests are not for "EVO" batteries.
    05-27-2010 04:03 PM
    I'm also trying to find a good battery. Hoping to snap a mid 2k one. I had a Seidio 2.6k one as well and it seemed like it lasted 3x as long as the OEM one in the Pre.
    05-27-2010 04:14 PM
    What, you think the people using the extended batteries and getting notably better performance out of them are all imagining it? I somehow doubt that all the batteries Seidio sells would underperform like that. Take those numbers with a grain of salt.
    For the record, I bought a 1750 Seidio battery for the Incredible I had at one time. It did seem to last somewhat longer than the original battery.

But the numbers are still there and if that site has any credibility (why would they make this stuff up?), the results are somewhat alarming. With all the talk about counterfeit stuff made in China and elsewhere, how are consumers supposed to tell the real thing from a fake?
    05-27-2010 04:14 PM
    If pure beast is what you want and don't care about thickness, they are making a 3500mAh battery. I have it on my hero, it makes it thicker by a significant amount, but I honestly don't care.
    05-27-2010 04:16 PM
    last time i tried an aftermarket battery was in my old treo days(600,650,700p). i tried the higher capacity seidio then and i really didnt notice much of an increase at all in length of use.

im really not surprised by the site showing the low test results.

i'm sticking with OEM batteries(super cheap on ebay too, even if most are used).
    05-27-2010 04:19 PM
    Exactly! I had read that site that was posted and I'll take my personal experience over the numbers they posted. I'm surprised so many people are just taking the information and basing decisions on not buying a 3rd-party battery now. Third-party extended batteries are nothing new. Not saying they don't necessarily know what they are doing, but it is one site.
    05-27-2010 09:10 PM
    I think I've decided just to get a couple spare OEMs and suffer with swapping once in awhile.
    05-27-2010 09:57 PM
    I do agree with the site about disclaiming the batteries. They are overrating them and they aren't achieving there rated amperage. It's still slightly better than the stock battery though.
    05-27-2010 10:03 PM
    the only aftermarket battery worth upgrading is the upcoming 3500mah one if you don't mind the extended back cover. according to batteryboss.org the seido 3200mah battery for the n1 resulted in 2691mah and that's plentiful higher than n1's 1400mah oem battery.
    05-27-2010 10:05 PM
    the only aftermarket battery worth upgrading is the upcoming 3500mah one if you don't mind the extended back cover. according to batteryboss.org the seido 3200mah battery for the n1 resulted in 2691mah and that's plentiful higher than n1's 1400mah oem battery.
    It adds extra girth to the back of the phone. You need a new cover.
    05-27-2010 10:08 PM
    It adds extra girth to the back of the phone. You need a new cover.
    yea i know. as stated above "the only aftermarket battery worth upgrading is the upcoming 3500mah one if you don't mind the extended back cover."
    05-27-2010 10:15 PM
    yea i know. as stated above "the only aftermarket battery worth upgrading is the upcoming 3500mah one if you don't mind the extended back cover."
    Ah, sorry about the misread. I am tired and am selectively reading posts.
    jxs1984 likes this.
    05-27-2010 10:27 PM
    Ah, sorry about the misread. I am tired and am selectively reading posts.
    its ok... here's a free thanks for you
    Yourdogsdead likes this.
    05-27-2010 10:41 PM
    1800 mAh from Amzer?

Like everybody else here, I'm looking for the best performing battery available for my new Evo...

Anybody know of this company? Reliable? Good merchandise?

Here's the website...
    05-28-2010 04:58 PM
    I have not experienced an Amzer bettery but reviews from other Amzer batteries on Amazon claim they do not offer what you might expect.
    05-28-2010 06:02 PM
    There were tests done that show that aftermarket batteries do not perform at the advertised capacities. Save your money.
    05-28-2010 06:49 PM
    There were tests done that show that aftermarket batteries do not perform at the advertised capacities. Save your money.
    Can you provide a reference to the tests?

What about the Seidio 1750ma battery?
    05-28-2010 07:02 PM
    batteryboss.org
    auburnmk likes this.
    05-28-2010 07:26 PM
    Wow, some eye-raising info, good call!

batteryboss.org
    05-28-2010 09:39 PM
237 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD