Dash/Windshield mounts and armband?

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Any suggestions on which dashboard/windshield mount to use with the EVO?

Also, I need an armband for running and gym workouts, if anyone has a suggestion.

hopesmasher

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Aside from case and car charger that I bought with the Evo, Im not rushing to pick up any other accessories until I give the manufacturers time to come up with some good alternatives. I hate it when I buy something and a couple days to a week later I see a much better design. I do that all the time. Im giving it 2 weeks or so. I figure there wil be some pretty cool stuf out pretty quick.

xxgersonxx

May 29, 2010
Visit site
iarmband, I just got 1 in the mail and the quality is pretty nice, also it fits the evo a little bit tight but I think this is a good thing, they are pretty inexpensive too.

RG129

May 16, 2010
Visit site
iarmband, I just got 1 in the mail and the quality is pretty nice, also it fits the evo a little bit tight but I think this is a good thing, they are pretty inexpensive too.

Do you have a case on your Evo or is it that tight naturally? The dimensions made it seem like it would have plenty of room. As long as I can shove my ID and a key in there too...I'll be ready to run! (I can't wait to try out SportyPal).

xxgersonxx

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I have a silicon case, but you definitely have to take it off otherwise it would not fit at all, even skinned I had a hard time putting the phone inside the iarmband (maybe because its brand new though). I do not think you will be able to fit anything else but the phone...(Maybe, just maybe a single ID card).

SilverZero

May 21, 2010
Visit site
I've heard that the iArmbands work fine with touch screens, but I can't confirm. I'm looking to get one for me and another for my wife's Hero.

Anybody else confused by the fact that iArmbands lists the dimensions for all of the different cases as 3" x 5" x 0.7"? They must have just been lazy with they're product descriptions.

Gelst

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Right now nothing good is out. It's all just a bunch of universal crap.

Sprint has a universal one for sale right now.

Also check amazon and search windshield car mounts and you will see a few of them.

Also search the forums here for windshield and you will see some other post which I have linked a few windshield car mounts.

trust me I am on the hunt for a good car mount right now. long road trip coming up the first weekend in July and I need something good to baby my EVO .

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I decided to try out the Bracketon car mount (got it at Radioshack just because I happened to be there):

Bracketron™ PHV-202-BL GPS Mobile Grip-It Vent Mount - RadioShack.com

Right now I have it clipped to my vent (not fond of that since it blocks the airflow from one of the vents), but it will also mount to any number of other suction-cup or dashboard mounts. Just haven't bought one of those yet.

It works very well in the car though, and the adjustable side mounts allow me to put them below the up/down volume controls.

Have not had any luck finding an arm band yet for the gym and for running. I am in dire need of one :(

Next on my list will be to find a mountain bike handlbar mount. Maybe the Bracketon will connect to the one I have from Garmin. I'll have to check when I get back home.

dpg

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
i went through this when i had the iphone. i decided that i'd rather not have such a huge music player hanging on my arm when i have a much smaller and less bulky ipod nano.

henderjr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I got this armband for my EVO. Great universal Arm Band / Armband for any cell phone / MP3 player! I think it was mentioned in this thread previously. Anyway it works fine but the fit is super tight. I can't have my bodyglove case on with it. Otherwise I like it. I love the Cardio Trainer app for tracking my runs.

Hopefully someone comes out with a armband made for the phone. I'd like one just a bit roomier with a more exact cutout for my headphone jack.

henderjr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Maybe you try this one? Slimmer than some of the others ive seen and its designed specifically for the EVO. Ive not seen it in person but it looks great from the site. Give it a shot, let me know! How does neoprene work?

Would work awesome with Google My Tracks

Evo Arm Band :: Run & Walk with your Sprint Evo!

I ordered one of these on Friday and it shipped Saturday. Should be here soon as it's coming from the next state over.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20