Extra Chargers and Cases

J Snazzy

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Big n00b here.....I'm going to *hopefully* be getting a Evo 4g at the start of July when I can change from T-Mobile...I still have a flip phone!

Anyhow...the two questions currently on my mind

1) Extra chargers. I think I read people were having issues with some generic chargers while plugged in...anyone have recommendation for good (and hopefully cheap) extra chargers? Also a car charger recommendation would be great.

2) Is anyone using a case for their phone? Is it necessary? Would a simple silicon cover be okay? Again, if anyone can link stuff they like that would be great.

If this has been covered...sorry! I checked out the store but that didn't give me 100% was I was looking for.

Thanks again!

J Snazzy

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
bro, you gots to search teh forumz...

I noticed the simple search that comes up when you type the thread, I looked at those and didn't see much to help.

Evo stuff has been moving so fast on this forum it's been hard to catch some stuff. If you would like to point me to some specific threads that would be great...I'll see if I can find anything searching.

Bizzare

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I Come from Palm Pre, I have a car charger for the palm and I have one at work and guess what they match with the EVO so now I have 3 chargers (one at the office one in the car and one at home) just in case any one is looking for extras and they had a Palm Pre they can use the same chargers.

walterwood44

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
FOr a car charger I bought a small inverter at Radio Shack that plugged into my cigarette lighter. I has a USB connection in addition to the 110 plug. I think it was around $35. It is powerful enough to also run a laptop if needed but still very small. see Enercell 150W Power Inverter : Power Inverters | RadioShack.com
I can also charge my bluetooth or another phone at the same time if needed.
I am getting some slght static from it while listening to podcasts when charging.