Case - Workout Armband for EVO

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I haven't found one, but there's another thread here that I started:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g/16110-dash-windshield-mounts-armband.html

I went to several sporting goods and electronic stores yesterday and nobody had anything that would work. I am pretty disappointed, although the guy at the sprint store suggested I get an iPhone armband and "stretch it out" to make it fit the Evo. Have no idea if that's a viable option or not.

I'm thinking of ordering this to see if it works:

Amazon.com: Black Mesh Gym Armband Case Cover for Apple iPhone 3G 8GB 16GB / 3G S 16GB 32GB [Accessory Export Packaging]: Electronics

There's also this one I found, but I'm not sure if the site is reputable or not (the description certainly sounds like it's just database driven and puts in "HTC Evo 4G" in the blank spots in the sentence.
http://www.cell-phone-accessories.com/htc-evo-4g-arm-pouch.html

Last edited:

AshG

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
I am probably overprotective of my Evo, but if you think running with an extra 6oz is like lifting weights, you must have Zero body fat and you are at the top of your run game. On my 225lb frame, 6oz here or there means nothing.
I would love to find an armband that fits. I have looked but nothing screams buy me yet.

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I am probably overprotective of my Evo, but if you think running with an extra 6oz is like lifting weights, you must have Zero body fat and you are at the top of your run game. On my 225lb frame, 6oz here or there means nothing.
I would love to find an armband that fits. I have looked but nothing screams buy me yet.

ROTFL I cannot believe you guys are even discussing that!! i:Di

cowtoast

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm also looking for a better case. I found an iPhone case that will hold the EVO, with about a quarter inch of the EVO sticking out of the top. It's not bad, but a case designed specifically for the phone would be better..

If anyone else needs one before they have EVO-specific armbands available, though, I found my iPhone one in the athletics section of Wal Mart, and the packaging is open so you can test to see how the phone fits before you buy. The ones in the cell phone section were all too small.

CPAIGLESIAS

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I use an Amphipod pouch in a fuel belt. Works great, running average of 8 miles every morning listening to bbc and espn Live. Right now going out the door for 15 miles with my Evo.

henderjr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I bought iarmband and its great, I bought the universal one, it works with the touchscreen etc. You might give it a try.

I bought the iarmband too. I run with it every day. It fits but I have to take my bodyglove case off. No complaints though. If one comes out a bit bigger with some storage to put a key, money, etc in it I'll buy it.

jgladstone

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
No luck for me either

I have looked everywhere for a decent armband or waitband for my EVO. I'd really like to jog with it using Cardio Trainer. It is a big phone and I need a solid way to carry this thing for 3-5 mile jogs. I'd also prefer not to sweat this thing out! I have the Seidio Innocase II and holster which I cannot say enough positive things about...great case!....but not suitable for jogging.

henderjr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I have looked everywhere for a decent armband or waitband for my EVO. I'd really like to jog with it using Cardio Trainer. It is a big phone and I need a solid way to carry this thing for 3-5 mile jogs. I'd also prefer not to sweat this thing out! I have the Seidio Innocase II and holster which I cannot say enough positive things about...great case!....but not suitable for jogging.

I use CardioTrainer with the iArmband. I've logged 80 miles in the last month with it. The hole to plug the headphones in doesn't line up right so it's a bit stretched out but I can't complain.

flyinglaw

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I looked all over and couldn't find a good one so I went by a local running store and they suggested a SPI Belt. It's like a really small fanny pack that the pocket expands. Its not really easy to take out and change settings but I just start my running playlist and while Cardio Trainer does its count down I stretch it in and off I go. It's very light weight and I sometime forget it's there. The two main issue are 1. It isn't easy to access while running 2. Not the best protection against sweat.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech