EVO invisible shield install....

theiphonewannabe

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I gotta hand it to HTC. Whether they intended to or not, they created the perfect phone on which to install the Invisible Shield.

It has never gone on so smooth (that's what she said.)

silvilas

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I got one on Day 1. Still not sure if I want the screen protector or not. I'm not liking the texture/feel of the screen protector.

Last edited:

theiphonewannabe

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
To each his own I guess. I actually have not seen any issues in screen response and my fingers seem to glide across the same as when the phone is naked.

joosen

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Lets see how your phone will be in a few months... I have the invisible shield on my iPod Touch, and Blackberry. After... about a year, corners start to peel off due to dust/lint/anything brushing against the sticky part. I've read stuff on Ghost Armor, I think I'll try it when I get my EVO. Seems to be the same as Zagg Invisible Shield, but has gotten a few better reviews.

Blubble#AC

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I don't think I'll use the full Invisible Shield on this phone. I had one on my Pre and like the previous poster, the corners started peeling up and got dirty with dust and lint.

The problem is that their designs have too many little tabs and weird cutouts. I am going to go with a simple screen protector on my EVO.

Blubble#AC

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Did you get a full body shield?

Installation on my Pre was a breeze. it was a few months later that the corners started coming up.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I ordered the full kit on Memorial Day - haven't been home since Friday, so I'm assuming it's in the mailbox - but I think I'm just going to try the screen part and not mess with the rest because I'm going to get a Body Glove case to protect the rest of it all.

theiphonewannabe

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Did you get a full body shield?

Installation on my Pre was a breeze. it was a few months later that the corners started coming up.

I had the full body, but didn't use the back cause the Touchstone back was pretty scratch proof. (for me anyway). The nice thing about a slab phone is that there aren't any corners to deal with. I imagine this one will look nice for a while. My brother-in-law has one on his iPhone... still going strong after 2 years.

I ordered the full kit on Memorial Day - haven't been home since Friday, so I'm assuming it's in the mailbox - but I think I'm just going to try the screen part and not mess with the rest because I'm going to get a Body Glove case to protect the rest of it all.

Front and back for me. They have the little side pieces, but I can't imagine those staying on very well. I really don't think I will use those.

SFWD1934

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
I have the screen (front only) from Invisible. Had the Invisible on my Pre before as well. Yeah after a while you will see dust/etc in the corners. The one I am going to go ahead and switch to for the EVO that I have had excellent luck with is the Boxwave crystal clear. They are ready to be shipped starting today according to the website. They are absoluteyly awesome. Almost one year on the Pre and never had any issues. They can be removed cleaned and reapplied. I sometimes will find my self having to be a bit more patient with the Invisible shield due to the screen not responding at first.

Jason

dpg

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
i had the invisible shield on my iphone and didnt like it a whole lot due to orange peel look and like someone else posted, it started to get dirty and peel at the edges. I tried ghost armor and it seems to be better. I like that it doesnt have that orange peel look and the screen doesnt feel that much different from the screen itself. i pretty much am going to use the ghost armor as a scratch resistant barrier against the case i'll be using. just giving it a few days to fully dry before i put the case on.

tdubby#AC

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I bought the invisishield when I bought the phone but didn't put it on yet and was at best buy and saw the ghost armour booth and just had that put on. So far it seems pretty good. Never had something like that on my phones before

dpg

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I have had Invisible Shields forever and have never had the orange peel look. :) I am pretty picky too. Oh well. Whatever protects your phone.

maybe i had a bad one because on the first iphone i had i didnt get that orange peel look and liked it a lot which is why i had gotten it again. oh well, like you said whatever works im usually happy with

dontspamtheman

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I put the invisible sheild on yesterday. I also got the full kit on memorial day but only installed the screen since I have a PT case that protects the rest. I do not really like the feel and I am now making some "mistakes" opening things when I was just trying to scroll. It is a little better today so maybe it just needs to wear in a little and get my fingers more used to it. The screen still looks good with it on. I am going to give it a few more days and then decide if I am going to leave it on or not.

daemon#AC

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I had a Ghost Armor on it before I even did anything else. It went on incredibly easy, and looked pretty good other than being a little fuzzy, but it's perfectly clear today (the day after).

I just did the front/back, and didn't bother with the sides.

ootherocoo

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I got the Zagg shield for my Evo yesterday. I was a bit skeptical because I bought one for my iPhone 3GS and it was weird to install, and didn't look to good. But the Zagg installation for the Evo was really easy. And so far, it looks good. I'd give it an 8/10

4683657180_5f8d2c06eb.jpg

4683029123_5cced0fabd.jpg

4683664030_8306a75532.jpg

4683664800_84dfe63c01.jpg

NVNJ

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Good for you brother. I purchased a Ghost Armor kit and will NOT put it on. I have heard some horror stories about liquid from Zagg etc getting into the screen after attempting to apply these. I went with the Sprint ones and couldnt be happier. Sticks right on with no liquid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alfatv