06-30-2010 06:00 AM
35 12
tools
    can everyone start posting pics of your evo with whatever case you have
    06-13-2010 02:49 PM
    Theres a million of these threads already, but here is the Amzer jelly case.

Edit: adding my review from another thread

Picked up the Amzer jelly case, its been awesome so far. It is easy to slip on and off, has good traction, almost like a bike tire so you wont drop it, doesnt add much extra bulk and slides easily into your pocket.

Honestly I thought I wasnt going to like it and planned to keep it as a backup case and get the body glove, but after using it for a few days I will definitely be keeping it and not get the body glove!

One thing I forgot to add, the power and volume rocker buttons are completely covered and have raised rubber buttons over them. This actually makes them easier to press than when the phone is naked (especially the power button everyone complains about)

Amzer Silicone Skin Jelly Case - Black For HTC EVO 4G

06-13-2010 03:06 PM
    That's pretty nice, i'm digging those textured sides. I have the sprint silicon case, and it's mostly okay but not "tacky" enough as far as touch is concerned. Still feels a bit slippery.
    06-13-2010 03:30 PM
    I posted mine in this thread (the Platinum/Seidio case from Best Buy)...

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-...tml#post145863
    06-13-2010 03:37 PM
    That's pretty nice, i'm digging those textured sides. I have the sprint silicon case, and it's mostly okay but not "tacky" enough as far as touch is concerned. Still feels a bit slippery.
    Really? I have the sprint case, it feels tacky as hell to me! I have a hard time getting it out of my pocket sometimes. But thats kind of what I wanted, the naked phone feels really slippery I know id destroy it in no time.
    06-13-2010 03:44 PM
    I just decided to order that Amzer case. I was waiting for the ruggedized Seidio case to come in stock, but I'm tired of having a naked Evo.
    06-13-2010 04:08 PM
    Even though there have been a lot of case threads, might be good to have one that shows the variety.

This is the Platinum one from Best Buy that is not from Seidio. It has a good grip too it but seems like material that is stuck to the plastic and might come off at some point. Also it's a little creaky on the sides but not too bad. Sometimes it clicks when tap the capacitive buttons at the bottom. At first I thought it was the loose screen issue but pulled the case off and it was fine.

I've also ordered the Seidio active case from Amazon to see how that is. I'll return the one I don't like the best.
    06-13-2010 04:09 PM
    that Amzer looks decent.

i ordered this based on pinpongboss's review -

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-...d-edition.html
    06-13-2010 04:17 PM
    I have the Body Glove case, the back has rubber feel to it, and my wife has the black with red, it is plastic with rubber feel to it, both cases are very good.

Now I will be ordering the Zagg invisible shield with extra batteries. My wife totally crazy about this phone she had the Moment before and said she not going back to it.
    06-13-2010 04:46 PM
    I just decided to order that Amzer case. I was waiting for the ruggedized Seidio case to come in stock, but I'm tired of having a naked Evo.
    I just ordered that on Friday. Amazon already shipped it.
    06-13-2010 04:53 PM
    There are a lot of case specific threads.

I'll let this thread stand on it's own, but please limit your posts to pictures of your EVO with it's case, information regarding the manufacturer, and any other details you want to add.

Thanks,

Cory
    06-13-2010 05:10 PM
    Really? I have the sprint case, it feels tacky as hell to me! I have a hard time getting it out of my pocket sometimes. But thats kind of what I wanted, the naked phone feels really slippery I know id destroy it in no time.
    Well compared to the one I have for my iPhone. I just needed a case "right now" at 0600 on that friday morning so it stays scratch free.
    06-13-2010 05:14 PM
    I have the Body Glove case, the back has rubber feel to it, and my wife has the black with red, it is plastic with rubber feel to it, both cases are very good.

Now I will be ordering the Zagg invisible shield with extra batteries. My wife totally crazy about this phone she had the Moment before and said she not going back to it.
    I also like the BG case...very nice fit for me
    06-13-2010 05:22 PM
    Copying and pasting my reply post from the accessory thread.

------------------------

I got the Rocketfish Universal Leather Pouch (case) at Best Buy today along with the Platinum purple case. While I liked the Platinum case & holster, I prefer a pouch storage so the case & holster are going back.

Couple of pictures, rest are here.

It's a snug fit due to the Platinum case, but without the case it fits right in. Hopefully letting it sit in the case for a couple of days it will stretch out a bit more for the Platinum case. So far I like it except the belt clip, but it will be inside my purse anyway. I got tired of having the camera lens exposed with the holster. Just like the Sprint leather evo case this has no opening for charger or headphone jack. Got it for $20.
    06-13-2010 05:38 PM
    Ew you made the manly evo look girly with that case and background.
    06-13-2010 05:45 PM
    maybe he's a girly type of man?
    06-13-2010 05:46 PM
    lol
    06-13-2010 05:56 PM
    Ew you made the manly evo look girly with that case and background.
    Correct, might be because I'm a female Females can't have cool manly androids?
    06-13-2010 05:56 PM
    um the person mentioned having it in their purse thats why they won't use the belt clip so im going to assume its not a guy
    06-13-2010 06:03 PM
    haha ladies can have a great android like this if they want too!!!
    06-13-2010 06:05 PM
    Note to self: Take less girly EVO snap shots in future posts. There :P
    06-13-2010 07:46 PM
    Heres pics of the white case from Sprint. I also have the Seidio limited case coming on Tuesday via Amazon.
    06-13-2010 08:02 PM
    Note to self: Take less girly EVO snap shots in future posts. There :P
    Keep em' coming! Us ladies can rock the EVO too... who ever said the EVO was just for men anyways! Love the purple case and can't wait to get one. I just have the black gel from Sprint.
    EVO Navian likes this.
    06-13-2010 08:36 PM
    Just wanted to share pics of some Vera Bradley Tech Cases for all you Evonistas out there! Yes, this is for the ladies!

While I like the Rocketfish universal leather pouch, I find the Vera Bradley tech cases more purse friendly because it is not bulky. There is even an inside pouch and removable wristlet/zipper ribbon. Great to carry alone and just fit your credit cards, drivers license, cash etc in the inner pouch and carry your Evo with you without the hassle of a bag. Great for quick trips to the store without lugging around your purse. It's a quilted type case and provides support for your Evo inside your purse or alone. I can even keep my Evo snugged inside while charging with the zipper closed. I got mine at Barnes & Nobles for $22 (+tax). B&N is having a special on the Vera Bradley and I got 2 tech cases for the price of one! They have many colors and different patterns as well here.

The Evo fits right in even with my Platinum purple case installed.

I like keeping a lint-free cloth inside as well, handy for those nasty fingerprints!

P.S. Hope no manly eyes were hurt during this post.
    06-14-2010 08:28 PM
    I got the Seidio Innocase Active from Amazon today. Definitely thicker than my other case and not as grippy in the hand. Very hard to power on the phone. Can't do it one-handed anymore. The volume controls are easier to use since the other case was in the way at the front. The cover fits snuggly around the screen but is kind of too close to the actual screen area. For instance, using the scroll bar in the people list is impossible to use without moving the case out of the way.

Another thing is that the case has a bad smell to it. Hopefully that will quickly go away. I'm going to give it a try for a few days. Definitely easier to take off than my other one and not squeaky.
    06-15-2010 09:38 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD