Where are you buying your charger?

yungwunn911

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
Looking for a spare wall and car charger. Personally i think sprints 40$ ones are a bit expensive. Where have you all purchased yours?

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
i ordered 3 micro usb cables on Newegg for $15 , you can purchase a car adapter for another 10. that way you can use the cables any where you have a usb port.

Gelst

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I did a lot of research on car chargers this weekend. Seidio is selling one for the EVo for arouns 13 bucks. It is a car charger from a well known company as well as providing 1k amps or whatever which the evo needs to charge... Anything less and the phone may not charge is you are using navigation and whatever..

anyway here is the link...

High Output Car Charger

androidvirgin

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I did a lot of research on car chargers this weekend. Seidio is selling one for the EVo for arouns 13 bucks. It is a car charger from a well known company as well as providing 1k amps or whatever which the evo needs to charge... Anything less and the phone may not charge is you are using navigation and whatever..

anyway here is the link...

High Output Car Charger

1,000 AMPS? HOLY COW!!! be careful with that bad boy! j/k ... obviously 1000 mA

I bought a Sprint car charger from a Sprint Store (w/ Premier discount),
then ordered the Sprint travel charger with folding plug on eBay for $20. it's 850mA

Last edited:

Gelst

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I looked at those Motorola car charers from Amazon too and you need to be careful about which one you buy. The ones that I researched were all under 1000ma which is what the EVO uses to charge. If you get a charger with less MA then the charger wont really charge the phone with navigation and stuff running on it , it will slowly drain the battery until the phone dies. I know from personal experience.

UTnick

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
i just bought two from walmart last night. $14.56 about per charger. they are under powered, but they eventually get the job done.

xorbe

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I looked at those Motorola car charers from Amazon too and you need to be careful about which one you buy. The ones that I researched were all under 1000ma which is what the EVO uses to charge. If you get a charger with less MA then the charger wont really charge the phone with navigation and stuff running on it , it will slowly drain the battery until the phone dies. I know from personal experience.

Yeah the one I bought at BB is doing that ... the phone drained from 100% to 91% in the car with GPS, maps, music, and screen on after 2 hours. >_<

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
i have 4 chargers -

3 wall/travel chargers - home, office, travel bag

1 car charger

4 total

i have the HTC one that came with the phone and i bought everything else at Sprint retail or Sprint.com.

all OEM!!!!!!!!!!

chowder

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I came from a touch pro 2. I bought an adapter(mini usb to micro usb) so now I can use all my old car chargers and headsets...only about 6 bucks

slopokdave

May 31, 2010
Visit site

The Motorola linked above is 950ma and works great. Keeps up just fine while navigating. The sprint OE car charger is 850ma, so I heard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith