ProClip Adjustable Car Holder works perfectly with an encased Evo (or bare one)

dbpaddler

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
So I have my Evo mounted in the car now. Unfortunately ProClip doesn't make an up high mount for my MDX so Panavise did the trick on the dash mount side. I took the tilt swivel off of the adjustable iphone holder from ProClip which works perfectly with the Evo and the Innocase. The adjustable holder has a left and right half with the thumbscrews you see on the back. Didn't need the tilt swivel since it was angled well so I have less bulk to deal with. Makes for a cleaner look. The adjustable also doesn't interfere with any of the buttons or jacks on the Evo.

If anyone is interested, let me know. I can save you some dough. Their adjustable holder retails for $40. If you're looking for the complete setup, the dash mounts for the car go for $30. You can find your vehicle [ur;=http://www.proclipusa.com/vehiclemounts/vehiclemounts.aspx]here.[/url]
5945d1276222058-proclip-adjustable-car-holder-works-perfectly-encased-evo-evoinnocaseproclip04.jpg
5946d1276222058-proclip-adjustable-car-holder-works-perfectly-encased-evo-evoinnocaseproclip03.jpg
5947d1276222058-proclip-adjustable-car-holder-works-perfectly-encased-evo-evoinnocaseproclip01.jpg
5948d1276222058-proclip-adjustable-car-holder-works-perfectly-encased-evo-evoinnocaseproclip02.jpg

Though I ditched the Innocase and went with this snap on case that's a bit more sleek and it fits just fine. Works well if it's naked too. Has the slightest of front to back tilt, but it's very slight. And if you're that anal, two strips of a foam pad (like the little black foam square protectors from the dollar store, target or home depot) will firm it up that much more.
6226d1276637961-quest-tightest-thinnest-evo-case-evored01.jpg
6227d1276637961-quest-tightest-thinnest-evo-case-evored02.jpg

dbpaddler

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
My sig is my sig. No different than people asking to donate for their android software development and reference their site and apps. I also own an Evo and am posting how I mounted it in my car which is no different than quite a few other threads. I posted in someone else's ProClip/Incredible thread that I'm a reseller for their product and can save people money if their interested. Can also offer advise with setups in general and often will recommend another company's product if it's a better fit for what they're looking to do.

You have a beef with that?

And no offense, and I kow I'm biased, but universal holders like that are a bit on the ugly side and require you to open and close the holder every time you insert and remove the phone. Gets cumbersome. You're also restricted to the outlet for location, and with many trying to make their installs as clean and OEM as possible, those just don't fly. Not to mention the location is low on the dash which isn't the safest spot for something you want to use as a gps or just has your attention while driving. Higher and closer to the driver is always better when it comes to diverting your eyes from the road. Just saying.

Last edited:

hdhuntr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I am waiting for the Blackberry 9000 tilt proclip for the EVO. I think it'll fit. Both are 2.6 inches wide. My Treo one worked perfectly for my Pre...we'll see...

blacksuntzu

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering, going through proclip's site, if the mount and holder for the HTC HD2 would work for the Evo since they seem to be the same form factor. Any comments would be welcome.

BRIVERS73

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering, going through proclip's site, if the mount and holder for the HTC HD2 would work for the Evo since they seem to be the same form factor. Any comments would be welcome.

I remember a few days back someone commenting that they sent an email to Proclip with the same question & Proclip's response was no because the Evo is slightly thicker than the HD2

dbpaddler

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
actually Gekko is embarrassed that he's got a Peterbuilt parked in the driveway.

• The Evo is thicker than the HD2 and will not fit in its holder.
  • The only holder that will be custom made for the Evo will only fit a bare Evo. Even if you have a BSE or similar skin, you'll end up ruining it as you try to squeeze it in.
  • The last two sales I had were for a Lexus and Mercedes, and the pictured one is in my Acura. :p
  • I can't take pics of it in horizontal mode because I could care less about landscape. The thing is so wide to begin with, I didn't see the need. So I took out the tilt swivel and gave it a more flush appearance. If you really want the pics. I can take them. The adjustable can fit as loose or snug as you want so you can make the interference fit a touch tighter so it wouldn't vibrate out when in landscape mode.
  • And I don't know why someone would want the specifically made device holder unless they a)enjoy dropping $40 every time they buy a new phone and b) the adjustable just wasn't a 99% perfect fit. Just my two cents.

tangozebra

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I just got the ProClip HD2 mount today - doesn't work with my Evo :(

It's a bit too narrow and the vertical grooves are not deep enough. Gonna have to return it and get the adjustable one.

dbpaddler

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
Well if you want, I can order it for you and save you some bucks. On the hook for $17+ for shipping and full price for the holder can't be fun. I b*tch when I I buy their stuff in attempts to frankenstein something and it doesn't work out.

dbpaddler

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
So naked is the only option with it I take it. Adding skins or slip type cases would be a no go... $5 more gives you options and the ability to carry it over to your next phone. Just sayin'.

auburnmk

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Crogs, so how much dough we looking at for the adjustable, $70? Total n00b at car docks lol. I like the clean look of this, however.....:cool: