Chinese Ebay batteries...Huge thumbs up

fraz

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
just pulled the trigger on the ebay deal. Anyone have problems yet? or are people still happy with them?

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
So I just received my order today. Everything looks good so far. Anyone have any issues yet? My plan is to charge the original battery overnight thru the wall charger and hope that it actually gets a full charge unlike when charged thru the phone and just use the extra batteries as back up.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Question to anyone that has this item. How long does it take to charge the original battery on the wall charger? It's been on for over 4 hours, close to 5 actually, and I just put it in my phone and it's only at 72%. Also does the light turn green or something when it's fully charged?

charles77k

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
i havent tried charging my oem battery but with the included battery, i've noticed it does take a while. mine changes from purple to blue when its done charging.

bensEVO

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
The battery isn't a Chinese knock off but an OEM battery from china for $14.95 and a separate external charger for .99. I have both of these items and use them with great success. The external charging station/dock is great because I can use one battery for 12-15 hrs and then replace it and have one charging at the same time so I never have a battery opportunity.
OEM ORIGINAL HTC BATTERY FOR SPRINT TOUCH PRO 2 PRO2 - eBay (item 170500600945 end time Jul-15-10 06:52:55 PDT)
Battery Desktop Charger For Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Pro2 - eBay (item 190416302062 end time Jul-10-10 19:01:13 PDT)

don't worry about the dates they'll always be available if the posted link expires.

mizzos4

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Nice find. Definitely going to get some at this price. HTC is from Taiwan and most electronics/accessories are made in China these days anyways so not too worried about quality. Plus only 10dollars so it's actually a steal.

CEaton

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I actually started using one of the Chinese batteries full time in my phone, the HTC battery stays at home, I definitely find that I get better life out of the eBay batteries. I still give a huge thumbs up.

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Let me add my vote for these batteries. Nice to carry a spare, though after the update, I have yet to need one.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Question to anyone that has this item. How long does it take to charge the original battery on the wall charger? It's been on for over 4 hours, close to 5 actually, and I just put it in my phone and it's only at 72%. Also does the light turn green or something when it's fully charged?

That seems long. I haven't specifically timed mine, but it seems like it took a couple of hours to go from 15% to 99%. Three at the most. The LED on mine turns from pinkish-red to blue when charged.

I've used it on both the OEM and the batteries that came with it with the same results on all.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
The battery isn't a Chinese knock off but an OEM battery from china for $14.95 and a separate external charger for .99. I have both of these items and use them with great success. The external charging station/dock is great because I can use one battery for 12-15 hrs and then replace it and have one charging at the same time so I never have a battery opportunity.

don't worry about the dates they'll always be available if the posted link expires.

I wouldn't count on it being an OEM battery even if it's got the HTC logo. Knockoffs and counterfits are endemic to that part of the world. Either way, though, I'm sure they work just fine.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
That seems long. I haven't specifically timed mine, but it seems like it took a couple of hours to go from 15% to 99%. Three at the most. The LED on mine turns from pinkish-red to blue when charged.

I've used it on both the OEM and the batteries that came with it with the same results on all.

Well when I put it on the charger it was at 2% lol. Maybe that's why. Have you kept a battery on the charger over night? It's not gonna explode my battery if I leave it overnight is it? Lol

ksuwald

May 27, 2010
Visit site
This isn't a battery question, but a car charger question. Has anyone tried one of the 12V cigarette lighter extensions with USB? I picked one up off Ebay for $3.97 with free shipping it has a it's 12V USB with 3 socket cigarette lighter adapter. Just wondering if anyone had any feedback on them?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I've left a battery on for at least several hours after it was fully charged. Once the blue (on mine) LED comes on it seems to charge very slowly, if at all.

I have a Belkin lighter socket USB adapter. It cost about $10 on Amazon and works fine. I have no idea how good or bad a $4 one will be. Does it list the output current (e.g. 500 ma, 1000 ma)?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams