Lets talk CONTROLLERS or Keyboards via bluetooth with SPP or HID profiles

chaosrecords

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
So as of July 1st, this is what I know.

You cant use Bluetooth HID profiles for input devices like wii-remote, bluetooth keyboards, mice, etc.

Everyone blames HTC that its the Sense UI causing a bug.

Some people have mailed HTC and they said Google controls the Bluetooth Stack needed to make it work ( which works on the G1/ Nexus 1 and other htc phones as well)

Noone has a reply from Google on the issue.

People custom flashing roms on rooted devices cannot get it to work either, even with froyo builds.

So that leaves me with this: I saw a post here or somewhere where someone had a keyboard that worked only it connected via SPP protocol( serial port protocol).. It was the Freedom Pro board.

There are game controllers that support SPP, such as this one
BGP100 Bluetooth GamePad - Review
theres another made by MSI as well.

Can anyone verify if this type of controller works with Emulators like SNESoid and the other XXXoid apps?
If it does, then ill buy that and ill make myself one of these:

Bacteria creates Bluetooth SNES controller, makes smartphone gamers drool (video) -- Engadget

storino03

May 31, 2010
Visit site
i would rather have controller support with 3d gameloft games rather than old console emulators. My hands cramp up when playing sessions of hero of sparta on the evo. i feel sorry for pre gamers.

duckwars

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
Umm.... this would be AMAZING!!!

How awesome would it be when you're trying to kill some time if you whip out your evo, prop it up on it's kickstand, and then bust out your bluetooth OLD SCHOOL SNES controller and start playing some street fighter II.

I think my eyes would have tears in them.

Braaainz

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Okay... here are the links. Just be sure and hit the "THANKS" button for my post :D

You want the GAMEPRO drivers
http://www.mymobilegear.com/GameProAn.php

Here is their forum thread about it working with the Evo
HTC Evo with GamePro Tips - My Mobile Gear - Mobile Community

Here is the instruction manual link
http://www.mymobilegear.com/download/Files/GamePro_Android_User_Manual.pdf

I saw a reference that a zeemote won't work but a BGP100 game controller will.

I can't vouch for dealextreme.com, but here is a description of the controller that is supposed to work.
DealExtreme: $24.28 MSI BGP100 Bluetooth Gamepad (1*AAA Battery Included)

I HAVE NOT USED THESE DRIVERS OR GAMEPAD. I tried using the Keypro drivers with my Freedom Pro Keyboard and Evo, but couldn't get them to work. I ended up using the keyboard drivers created by the keyboard manufacturer. Still, the Keypro developer did provide feedback to me when I was trying to get his product to work.

deaofly

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I played a few games online Nova on my evo and got but raped. EVERY TIME I respawned, I got killed before I could even move an inch. Ether they are using gamepads or cheating like hell.