Quick question about screen protectors

corvarea

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
So I know there are tons of threads about screen protectors.. So my question is not "which one is the best" or "why we should or should not use them". I am looking for one for my phone. I am also curious if they make on that goes over the camera lense? So far I have not seen this... I didn't know if they didnt make it because it would make the pictures look fuzy or something or if anyone did make one? Thanks for any info you can give me on the subject.

vapostol

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
just want to start off by saying im the pickiest individual when it comes to screen protectors... ive had smartphones for YEARS and NEVER used them b/c i just didnt like how they felt /looked on the phone...
anyways... when i got my evo i had an accident, i was washing my hands at the hospital and it flew out of my scrub pocket and landed screen first on the edge of the sink :(:( entire screen spidered out and it was over... touchscreen still worked but it was terrible. Also, before this i owned a palm pre... it was fine in the beginning but i kept getting really really fine scratches on the screen and it was getting very annoying - needless to say when the new evo came in i decided damn y the hell not... so i did a lot of searching and reading and i came across Steinheil screen protectors, saw some reviews, and made the call - i personally got their anti-fingerprint protector for the evo, but they have another one called crystal clear which is basically a really really thin screen protector with extreme translucency... i ended up getting the antifingerprint b/c i hate how my screen gets oily; bottom line = i love it... go on youtube and watch reviews of the 2 Steinheil screensavers and make a choice... they both look REALLY good on the evo and do a really good job maintaining clarity.:D

jacker

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
NO ONE makes a cut out for the lens part on the phone.

You would have to make one yourself and hope to god it remains clear while applying so you can still take halfway decent pics.

longbow

May 31, 2010
Visit site
BesgtSkinsEver makes a cutout for the camera lens. I bought the full body just so I could get this extra piece. I don't know if that's what it was intended for, but it fits perfectly and I can't tell it's there on any of my pictures. Plus their skins are really good on the screen, nice and smooth, and they are really cheap.

dfine1966

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Here is another option for you and they even include a cutout for the camera lens with there screen protectors. I haven't tried them, but I have heard good things about them. They are a very high end screen protector which is a little more expensive then other screen protectors, but I hear they are worth from reviews I have heard in the past.

Also, they don't use water at all. Just like Boxwave, easy on, easy off, and washable. Take it off with scotch tape. Very durable. I have Boxwave right now, and they are just not perfect on the EVO this time around. I might look to try these. Plus they include the camera cover.

They are Martin Fields screen protectors.

Here is the link to their web page:

http://www.overlayplus.com/US/MFOP-HTCEVO4G

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Here is another option for you and they even include a cutout for the camera lens with there screen protectors. I haven't tried them, but I have heard good things about them. They are a very high end screen protector which is a little more expensive then other screen protectors, but I hear they are worth from reviews I have heard in the past.

Also, they don't use water at all. Just like Boxwave, easy on, easy off, and washable. Take it off with scotch tape. Very durable. I have Boxwave right now, and they are just not perfect on the EVO this time around. I might look to try these. Plus they include the camera cover.

They are Martin Fields screen protectors.

Here is the link to their web page:

http://www.overlayplus.com/US/MFOP-HTCEVO4G

Just wondering, what doesn't wok for you with the boxwave?

tadtam

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I installed an Invisible Shield by ZAGG and it IMPROVED the touch screen performance.
I play World War and Vampires Live and I always had a problem highlighting the "Do IT" buttons. Since the shield installation one push and it has connected each time. If I knew it would do this I would have bought one just for that feature. I no longer have to push any app buttons more than once to activate :D
Maybe other posters in this thread can comment if they have seen a touch improvement after applying their shield???

dfine1966

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Just wondering, what doesn't wok for you with the boxwave?

The top part doesn't stay down and is not flush. By it being up, you get bubbles right under Front Indicator Light (LED). I bought the 3 pack and everyone had the same problem. Maybe I got a bad bunch. I wrote Boxwave to see if I could get a better bunch. There office was closed last week, it seems, no replies, and they wouldn't answer their phones. I have used Boxwave for a long time and this is the first problem I had with them. I just had the second problem yesterday, it was minor, but, when I ordered screen protectors for my daughters Kindle, and they sent the wrong protectors for the wrong device.

Otherwise I love Boxwave, but they don't make the protector for the camera, so that is why I suggested Martin Fields, which is also pretty good, and they have the protector for the camera on back, so if you don't want a case on your phone, you won't have to worry about the camera lens getting scratched.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
The top part doesn't stay down and is not flush. By it being up, you get bubbles right under Front Indicator Light (LED). I bought the 3 pack and everyone had the same problem. Maybe I got a bad bunch. I wrote Boxwave to see if I could get a better bunch. There office was closed last week, it seems, no replies, and they wouldn't answer their phones. I have used Boxwave for a long time and this is the first problem I had with them. I just had the second problem yesterday, it was minor, but, when I ordered screen protectors for my daughters Kindle, and they sent the wrong protectors for the wrong device.

Otherwise I love Boxwave, but they don't make the protector for the camera, so that is why I suggested Martin Fields, which is also pretty good, and they have the protector for the camera on back, so if you don't want a case on your phone, you won't have to worry about the camera lens getting scratched.

Huh, I think you got a bad batch. Mine is down completely all the way around. I'm not quite sure if by being flush you mean all the way up to the speaker, but mine falls slightly short of the speaker but doesn't bother me. I am really disappointed that they won't be making a camera shield though.

Good luck with your replacements when you get them.

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
are there any screen protectors that are more glide compliant. usually screen protectors hinder gliding over the surface just because of what they are made off. it makes using swype and such quite annoying.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1