Seidio Extended Battery + Innocase Extended

wadester

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Looks like a great option for the Extended Battery (which I also ordered, through Amazon). But $29.99? That's too much for me for a piece of plastic. I'll wait until Seidio discounts them or Amazon starts selling them.

Last edited:

DocPeanut

May 22, 2010
Visit site
If you root and load a battery saving rom then there is no need for an extended battery.

I know rooting isn't for everyone, but there are options available

tekmunki

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Main reason I wanted the extended battery was the fact my phone does a great job of entertaining my kid with SprintTV at dinner.

TV = Battery Drain

I have a good battery app closing almost everything- but I also use my phone A LOT in the field. I leave my gps/wifi/4g off when not in use, as well.

It did arrive, we'll see tomorrow how it pans out. :) (full charging overnight)

tekmunki

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
There are ROMs out there specific to battery use- where apps are tweaked to use power draining options 'less often' or apps/features removed or nerfed. It's a trade-off; features for power; if I want the features on, it takes more power. No ROM is going to save my EVO from sucking battery when my kid is watching TV in a bright restaurant with the backlight at full. Or when I'm out in the field and someone is calling me to remote into their PC from my phone. (btw logmein for Droid is amazing)

darrylb1

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
the extended battery is the thing to do for now. i just got the phone, why should i have to worry about power management. i just hope that droid makers start to focus more on all day power, like 12 or more hours. that will make these true productivity tools

DizWhiz

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
5 min of my time increased my battery by 300%.

the extended battery is the thing to do for now. i just got the phone, why should i have to worry about power management. i just hope that droid makers start to focus more on all day power, like 12 or more hours. that will make these true productivity tools

ANdroid phones multitask by default which drains the battery faster. All I did was limit how often FB/Twitter/News etc update (not every 5min) and I have been averaging about 13-16hrs a day on a single charge. This includes about an hour of calls, wifi on at home, streaming, browsing, checking mail and leaving Meebo on all day.

5min of my time increased my battery by 300%.

puntorotary

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I just received my extended battery 2 days ago and I love it. On my first charge I went 15 hours, I was running maps to navigate on a boat for over 2 hours, I video chatted with my wife for a short while, used the internet, sent a boat load of texts and picture files,placed some calls and listened to about a good 3 hours worth of music, that was from about 645am till 3pm, then after that I was back at my work station where I get zero signal and was searching for signal till it died. I wanted to see how it would hold up under some good abuse and it exceeded my expectations. My regular battery wont last till 1pm on barely any use from unplugging it at 645am, my fire station gets no signal so it drains my battery. Im loving my extended battery, just wish that seidio would come out with more cases and holsters for it.

puntorotary

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Actually the pics don't do any justice for it, I was skeptical about getting it cause of the pics I've seen posted, but once I put it on my phone it looks pretty good and it feels great in my hands, plus the bottom ridge ads some support when the kickstand is out and I'm watching movies.

caseyatbt

Oct 31, 2009
Visit site
Actually the pics don't do any justice for it, I was skeptical about getting it cause of the pics I've seen posted, but once I put it on my phone it looks pretty good and it feels great in my hands, plus the bottom ridge ads some support when the kickstand is out and I'm watching movies.

I agree 100%

BrickAlley

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I want to take a second to thank you guys that have posted info on the Seidio 3500 battery & case. I'm almost positive that I'll be purchasing the battery, back door and a case, but I want to hear a few more stories before I make the plunge. I'll probably buy the battery/back door through Amazon since the price is better than buying directly from Seidio, but looks like I'll have to turn to Seidio to get the case since I don't see it on Amazon. Unless someone knows of another source. :cool:

Keep sharing those stories of battery life and usage guys.

ewilson620

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
There are ROMs out there specific to battery use- where apps are tweaked to use power draining options 'less often' or apps/features removed or nerfed. It's a trade-off; features for power; if I want the features on, it takes more power. No ROM is going to save my EVO from sucking battery when my kid is watching TV in a bright restaurant with the backlight at full. Or when I'm out in the field and someone is calling me to remote into their PC from my phone. (btw logmein for Droid is amazing)

Dinner is family time where it gives you a chance to talk and to fellowship TV while eating dinner. What in the world your kids watch enough TV during the day they can go a hour without so they can eat and talk

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I've been lurking the EVO form for a while. If the 3500 for the EVO is anything like the 3500 for the DInc you will not be disappointed. I got 48 hrs on mine after the second charge cycle. Working on 48 hrs today as well (though yesterday and today have been very light usage for me).

You will want to put it through a few full charge cycles. It will increase the performance.

Also - not sure about the EVO, but the no case Spring Clip from Seidio works great with the 3500 on the DInc.

Hope this helps.

stlfrosti

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
My First Day of Usage

Seidio Innocell 3500mAh Extended Life Battery

First night I loaded it at about 55% and drained it to about 35% using everything on, then on to the charger for over night...

In the morning I did 2 battery bumps and took it off about 8am and headed to work.... WOW!!!! Lunch time and 89% still, 4:30pm drive home and it was still 75% !!!!!! 75% would normally happen before lunch and I would be charging the phone on the drive home.

It's now 8pm and I'm still at 67%... that is totally unheard of for me... Today's usage was normal if not a little more than normal, so it was a PERFECT comparison for me.

I LOVE the back and the way it now fits my hand, I love the way I place it on its back and the Camera lens is protected. And I TOTALLY love the battery life now!!!

Best $53.99 (free shipped) I ever spent!!!! If this keeps up you won't hear me *****in about the phone/battery anymore... IMO, this battery should have came with the phone in the first place!!!!! Or at least an OPTIONAL purchase on the spot.

darrylb1

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
i've had the battery since it shipped, very good. the case for evo plus extended battery came yesterday. i also have that rubber evo skin case from sprint. it fits" nearly" perfectly even with the larger, extended battery. that is much better than the" innocase" extended. to make a long story short, in my opinion the $29.00" innocase" extended should sell for about $3.00

Last edited:

BrickAlley

May 16, 2010
Visit site

Best $53.99 (free shipped) I ever spent!!!! If this keeps up you won't hear me *****in about the phone/battery anymore... IMO, this battery should have came with the phone in the first place!!!!! Or at least an OPTIONAL purchase on the spot.

Thanks for the info, but unfortunately I've not seen anyone selling the battery for $53.99. Did you buy it from Amazon? The cheapest price I saw was $58.95 with $2.95 shipping.

jp0213x

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
i've had the battery since it shipped, very good. the case for evo plus extended battery came yesterday. i also have that rubber evo skin case from sprint. it fits" nearly" perfectly even with the larger, extended battery. that is much better than the" innocase" extended. to make a long story short, in my opinion the $29.00" innocase" extended should sell for about $3.00

Which battery are you referring to, are you talking about the seido 3500 battery? Which rubber evo skin case from sprint fits the seido extended battery?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams