Car Dock & HDMI Dock

sYnOnYx

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know when the official HTC Branded car dock or HDMI dock is coming ?

I emailed HTC, nothing but told to call their accessories dept.

Called accessories dept, they said they only deal with the accessories in the box.

WTF HTC ?

Maybe someone has a PR Email for HTC ?

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I would LOVE one of each. I didn't realize they were coming. Is there an article or something?

I have been waiting too.... The response when the phone hit the market was "Late July" and I think we are officially in the "LATE" July period....

So it's probably now "Early" August... an actual date would be asking too much... Maybe by the time Froyo is on the EVO we will have a dock and car kit.

rizorith

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm tired of waiting myself and the lack of info from Sprint and HTC is annoying. The only reason I haven't bought a 3rd party car dock/charger yet is I'm not sure what to get.

I know there are a few threads on this going around but they are rarely updated. Has anyone had good luck with a 3rd party car dock/charger? I'm probably going to go with one of the goose neck type ones since I'm in L.A. and refuse to suction cup my $700 phone to a window with a suction cup that will probably come off in the heat at some point.

thekarens

May 18, 2010
Visit site
This has been discussed a zillion times over. My guess is when it does come out or when someone has concrete news it will be posted on this board and others.

RC46

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Its called vaporwear. The way HTC plays the game is they announce all kinds of accessories and then wait to see how well the phone sells. If it hits a certain number they make the accessories, if it doesn't then they don't. The EVO will never sell well because its only on Sprint and because HTC can't get the screens to make them and by the time they do the EPIC will be taking all of the EVO sales.

If you don't believe me then look at the Nexus1. HTC announced a dock for it as well but then never produced it because the phone did not sell well enough due to Google's stupid web store strategy.

sYnOnYx

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Its called vaporwear. The way HTC plays the game is they announce all kinds of accessories and then wait to see how well the phone sells. If it hits a certain number they make the accessories, if it doesn't then they don't. The EVO will never sell well because its only on Sprint and because HTC can't get the screens to make them and by the time they do the EPIC will be taking all of the EVO sales.

If you don't believe me then look at the Nexus1. HTC announced a dock for it as well but then never produced it because the phone did not sell well enough due to Google's stupid web store strategy.

I could agree with this. It does make perfect sense. It still would be nice to have some official word. I believe someone modded a Droid Inc. dock to fit the EVO. Might go that route. I believe HTC was supposed to release a charging case too.

I agree samsung is screwing other manufacturers right now. I get it, they short the competition and promote their devices ( the new Galaxy series ) and sell them cause whatever retailer has them in stock. If I were HTC I would tell samsung to get ****ed and find a new LCD manufacturer for all of their devices.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
that statement is worthless without your real world pictures of it:D

Okay let me get some pictures of it.. Give me 5 min

This is just the Windshield mount, it also comes with a Dashboard mount with adhesive.

100_2870.jpg

100_2871.jpg

100_2873.jpg

Last edited:

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Your wrong.... I ordered and used a Nexus One for 3 months... I had both the car dock and the desktop dock and they were both only available at the Google phone store. The Nexus one car dock was kind of neat as it had a special opening on the back so you could actually make video and pictures from your phone docked to the windshield.

The thing was the Nexus One came out in January and if I am not mistaken the desktop dock came out in or around March and the Car Kit came out in late April or early May....

I think they rushed the phone to market to get it ahead of the iPhone but even that makes little sense in secondary accessory/kits since they announced the phone back in March and then had their big party in May and released the phone in June.... Heck even two weeks before launch Google gave out a rumored 5,000 at their conference so people had to have their hands on them.

Also the EVO does not even use a Samsung Display so how or why would Samsung be screwing HTC on displays? Doesn't the EVO have a Epson or Novatec display? Does Samsung make these two displays?

Even Seidio has their car kit and desk top dock listed as "Under Development" when I asked them back in June they told me July/August on the car kit.

I did pick up the universal mount from Sprint and I just didn't like it... I want one made just for the phone...

EVO sales numbers are solid... The Epic won't steal any thunder from the EVO... The Epic will be for those who want a slide out keyboard.... Most of the people who buy the Epic are going to want the physical keyboard. and all this "Because it's only on Sprint?" is B.S. AT&T is FAMOUS for a crappy network and Apple still sells million's of iPhone's... The EVO is Sprints first real market changing phone. I left Sprint for AT&T and the iPhone and couldn't wait to come back.... I would have easily paid the ETF on the iPhone but Sprint never had a phone that I felt was worth it.... The EVO was finally it... Besides Sprints 3G network is actually bigger than AT&T's and second only to Verizon....