Any suggestions for Bluetooth Car Kit

jstplnfrank#AC

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone have suggestions for a good Bluetooth Car Kit? I'm in the car a lot, and this would definitely benefit me.
I've seen a couple over at the Sprint Store, and maybe a few others at BB, but would like to get recommendations from someone who has actually used it.
Thanks

neilept

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm actually looking for one also, and I am looking at the BlueAnt S4. On cnet.com and pcworld, it's gotten good reviews. It's truly handsfree, according to users, and BlueAnt of course

72guy

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
The Motorola T505 was mentioned in another thread as being a good product. Infact, in 2008 it won some award for one of the top 100 products that year. I ordered mine through Amazon.

olemil#AC

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
I had a blue ant a while back, wasn't too impressed with the out going audio. The best one I have owned was a Bury CV9040, it was an awesome device, but I was trying to use it with an Instinct,,, lose-lose no matter what. I am tempted to buy another one to use with my EVO, it has excellant voice controlled menus, crisp OLED screen and comes with an external mic.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
The Motorola T505 was mentioned in another thread as being a good product. Infact, in 2008 it won some award for one of the top 100 products that year. I ordered mine through Amazon.

I've heard this too about this unit. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles of more current models but supposedly sound quality and speaker loudness was top notch.

phil37

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Steering wheel mount

Anybody know the name of the bluetooth speaker device that mounts on the top of the steering wheel.

drjb74

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site

I have used this one and it works great. The only drawback is it is not a full duplex speakerphone. That means you cant talk and listen at the same time. You have to wait for the other person to stop talking before you start up again. It takes a little to get used to, but other than that, it worked fine. I would stream my music through it on Bluetooth, and then use the built in FM transmitter to play through the car speakers. That way, if someone called, it would interrupt the music, and play the audio from the phone call through the car speakers as well.

The other plus is the battery would last forever. I could go over a week without shutting off, before I would have to charge it. It came with a car charger, and I would take it off the visor once in a while and charge over night in the car. I would definitely recommend this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool