Best "almost naked" body cover for Evo?

brownsdawg

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I plan getting the Seidio ultimate screen protector for my Evo and carrying it primarily in my pocket when I'm out and about or in a horizontal leather pouch on my waist when i'm at work (wearing scrubs). I want a case for the body of the Evo that will protect it from basic scratches and wear and tear. It would be nice to protect the camera, although most cases that can do that seem to add a considerable amount of bulk. I've looked at Seidio, Otterbox, the platinum best buy case, body glove, case-mate ... is there anything that is like an extra "skin" for the body that will protect from scratches etc when being slid in and out of my pocket?

Or from the above list of cases, which is the best option for what I want? (I still want to keep it in a leather hip pouch, as this feels most secure for me when I'm working and need easy access.) I'm thinking the case-mate barely there case so far... Don't know if any retailers carry this or if I'll have to get it online.

Last edited:

atomicdog21

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
I know that you mentioned Casemate as something you looked at already, but as someone who just got their "Barely There" for the evo (loved it for my BB curve too), all I can say is wow. Casemate did it again. you will never think that a case could be so sleek. Two other evo owners saw my phone with it on and said :what are you doing with out a case on?" It is so sleek but protects the lens. They truly have outdone themselves, and the pics in the AC store dont do it justice.

dcfella

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Another vote for Case Mate Barely There. I had the TPU case before, and this one is much nicer for me. It doesn't protect as well, but the form factor feels MUCH better. Also, it comes with a great screen protector. Doesn't feel tacky or sticky as Invisible Shield(which i also had).