First looks at seidio 3500

bucabuc

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I just received my new battery from Amazon yesterday. I bought it primarily because I'll be at Gartner Symposium next week and don't want to be hassled with my battery ruining out. I am a moderate user and find that battery life away from a charger is very bad. Fortunately, I frequently plug in to my car and laptop throughout the average day so the sstock battery survives.

Now on to the new battery. Like others have said - WOW!! Except for me I mean write this is huge! My phone feels like a brick. This brings back memories of my old HP iPaq with extended battery pack. Certainly not elegant! I'll report back on usage after a couple days, but I can't imagine sticking with this.

I see the other thread about cheap Chinese batteries and an external charger...thats likely the way I'm inclined to go. I'll probably keep this to get me through the conference next week and then return it.

Wow this is big!

Sent from my EVO Droid

eye4ni

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have been using this battery for a couple of months now and I only see the size being an issue if you are a dainty little fella that wants to pack your evo away in your skinny-jeans pocket.... otherwise, it is not really much bulkier at all, I don't even notice a difference in my pocket, and IMO holding the phone is actually easier with the 3500 battery.

To each his own I guess

bucabuc

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site

Deal, if Amazon wont let me return it then you get first dibs!

So far, it did last all day without a charger. I'm at 11 hours since unplugged and sitting at 42%. Then again today was all meetings so it was not a heavy use day.

Sent from my EVO Droid

Mustachio

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I bought a generic 3500mAh battery off eBay for $10. The best I've gotten with is 27 hours with light-moderate use, and that includes letting it sit unused for the 8 hours I slept during the night. I'll have to try putting it in Airplane mode while I sleep, that would probably tack on at least 6 more hours of use I'd wager.

Has anyone compared the Seido 3500 batter to the eBay 3500 battery? It almost sounds like the Seido versions last longer (which wouldn't be all that surprising).

Another thing: I charge my 3500 in the external charger I that came with the three 1500mAh batteries I purchased (also off eBay). I don't charge it in my phone. I've read in the forums that using the 3500 battery won't fully charge in the phone. I've tested this once and it lasted only about 14 hours, so I'm inclined to believe it.

I also suspect that if I rotate in my OEM battery into the phone while the 3500 battery is charging in the external, then the 3500 won't last as long when I put it back into the phone, perhaps because of the phone's battery stats records.

Thoughts?