Best Deal on a Micro SD Card

mrdavis55

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone... Just wondering if anyone has found any good deals on MicroSD cards???

I'm looking for 16 or 32... wouldn't mind it being faster than the one that came in my EVO...

Let me know if you hear anything....

dd

Raptor

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Many of the "deals" on flash cards are not legit. There is a huge market for counterfeit cards and there are many horror stories from people that thought they were getting a good deal but wound up with less than they paid for.

Buyer beware...

Brian

05 TypeS DC5

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Many of the "deals" on flash cards are not legit. There is a huge market for counterfeit cards and there are many horror stories from people that thought they were getting a good deal but wound up with less than they paid for.

Buyer beware...

Brian

yep, that's why i'm weary of buying memory cards online, unless its from a retailer such as bestbuy or walmart ect...

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
bought a 16GB microSD from Amazon- $29 (san disk, i think)
got it. couldn't be read by my phone. multiple formats (in phone, in computer)- couldn't get it to work.
bought 16GB from Amazon for $49, and it works perfectly (dane elec, i think)

two brands could be switched. pretty sure whatever brand the $29 card had actually gotten horrible reviews from everyone online--i just hadn't bothered to check before i purchased.

mrdavis55

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Great find kd0axs...

What class is the microcenter one????

What does the class mean and does it make that big of a difference???

CaptGeno

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Great find kd0axs...

What class is the microcenter one????

What does the class mean and does it make that big of a difference???

Class 0 - These cards do not specify performance, which includes all legacy cards prior to class specifications.
Class 2 - Minimum of 2 MB/s performance. Lowest speed for SDHC cards.
Class 4 - Minimum of 4 MB/s performance.
Class 6 - Minimum of 6 MB/s performance.
Class 10 - Minimum of 10 MB/s performance.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Capt...

But... I knew that... i guess what I'm asking is if a class 6 is worth it in a cell phone???

in certain instances yes. for example, if you're running Cyanogen with snap 7.6 kernel with turbe enabled you will definitely notice a difference. I've read (and I can't remember where) that a class 6 card is actually faster than the built in memory the EVO has. I know it's hard to believe, and I wish I could find the link, but that's what I remember.

Also if you do a lot of media movement on your phone (think movies) the faster transfer speed will save you tons of time. I'm running a transcend class 6 card and it flies.