Accessories Questions

beerdini

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking about upgrading from my Palm Pre to the Evo 4G and had a question about some of the accessories.

I purchased the Sprint branded car charger back when I got my Pre, is it compatible with the Evo or will I need to get a new charger?

I'm also looking at recommendations for screen protector and/or case. I had a Zagg Invisible Shield for my Pre and was very happy with its quality, any reason I should think different for the Evo's version?

Lastly, I liked the touchstones from Palm especially since the little door on the Pre was a real pain. Is the cradle "worth it" or just a nice gimmicky thing to have?

Thanks!

neilept

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I had the Pre, also, and the EVO has been awesome.

My car charger from my Pre works fine, and both my Pre and Evo have had the invisibleshield with no problems.

I have a cheap $25 dock from Ebay with the extra battery slot, and it works great also, though it is not as nice as having the touchstone. In fact, the touchstone is the only thing I miss from my Pre!

good luck!

31794ty

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm also looking at recommendations for screen protector and/or case. I had a Zagg Invisible Shield for my Pre and was very happy with its quality, any reason I should think different for the Evo's version?
You definately do NOT want a zagg brand screen protector. Get this ONE and be thankful you didn't have to experience having a zagg protector. You can't even tell you have a screen protector on your phone with the one I linked. :cool:

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
IMO -

1. i have the Sprint microUSB car charger. works great with EVO and i love it!
2. a screen protector is not needed. the best case bar none is the Seidio Active Exoskeleton from Amazon. see link below. i historically hate case but love it! (see links below)
3. i think the cradle is a gimmick and an unnecessary contraption and i would avoid or at least hold off. also it could interfere with your case choice.

good luck and enjoy your new EVO!

EVO 4G Scratch Test Says This Thing Can Take Some Wear, Maybe Even Tear | Android Phone Fans

YouTube - [Review] Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition for the HTC Evo 4G

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
If you absolutely have to have something like the touch stone you can get the powermat. It's not as elegant and makes it difficult to find a case that'll fit (especially without modification) but it's like the touch stone.

As for cases many people have different preferences. I don't like bulky cases (most of the time) so the case-mate barely there case works well for me. If you need more protection than that then the Active case gekko posted is good, and so is the tough case from case mate.

For screen protectors I personally like anti-glare screen protectors. Whether or not you need one has been debated endlessly, so I won't go there. Just my opnion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech