IMAG0073.jpg

IMAG0074.jpg

IMAG0079.jpg

TA-DA!
IMAG0075.jpg

ectoren

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Tomorrow I'll be doing my experiment to see if there is any difference.

I use my EVO 4G moderate to heavy use depending on the day. During work day, is mostly text and calling. Evening is my mini-mini-laptop. Web surfing, youtube, chatting, etc.

I usually re-charge my original battery at the 20% level. i disconnect my fully charged battery at 7:30am and reach 20% by 1pm or so (w/o Juice Defender). With Juice Defender I have been able to stretch it to 2 up to 3pm.

On my screens, I have the following widgets:

1. PowerAMP
  2. Youtube
  3. HTC Calendar
  4. HTC Exchange Active Sync
  5. Beautiful Widget
  6. Gmail
  7. Launcher-X Pro
  8. HTC Personal Contact Widget
  9. Weather Bug
  10. Handcent
  11. eBuddy
  12. Facebook
  13. Twidroyd

I have tweaked facebook, Twidroyd, etc. to sync to a level that is moderate.

Tomorrow. The experiment begins! :cool:

ectoren

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
1:45pm

55%

:cool:

Staying the course.

Well. At least is up 35-40% from what I would have at this point with the 1500mAh OEM battery. :)

eye4ni

May 17, 2010
Visit site
How heavily are you using your phone? Geez.... I have been using the seidio 3500 for a couple of months now, and rarely got to 55% even after 18 hours of moderate use.

Just for kicks, I put in my stock battery yesterday and have been using it all day today. At 4:15 pm, after being unplugged for about 8 hours I am at 75%. Seems a lot better than it was before I had the 3500.... granted I am not a heavy user until about 10 pm when I play around with my phone until I go to bed.

ectoren

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
How heavily are you using your phone? Geez.... I have been using the seidio 3500 for a couple of months now, and rarely got to 55% even after 18 hours of moderate use.

Just for kicks, I put in my stock battery yesterday and have been using it all day today. At 4:15 pm, after being unplugged for about 8 hours I am at 75%. Seems a lot better than it was before I had the 3500.... granted I am not a heavy user until about 10 pm when I play around with my phone until I go to bed.

Well. Do text a lot, check email, etc. I do have all the notifications on. I am not sure how to control the rate of sync for the google email. I did download four widgets. A friend of mine borrowed my phone to check a web page.

As far as the battery, I have only fully charged it once. According to Seidio, it will 5-6 full charges before I notice longer lasting "juice" on the battery.

What are your settings for the sync?? What are tweaking on your phone??

Right now...350pm....42%....:p

eye4ni

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Well. Do text a lot, check email, etc. I do have all the notifications on. I am not sure how to control the rate of sync for the google email. I did download four widgets. A friend of mine borrowed my phone to check a web page.

As far as the battery, I have only fully charged it once. According to Seidio, it will 5-6 full charges before I notice longer lasting "juice" on the battery.

What are your settings for the sync?? What are tweaking on your phone??

Right now...350pm....42%....:p

My sync settings are set to conserve battery. For example my facebook for htc sense is set to sync only once per day, weather is every 3 hours, I use gmail so emails are pushed to my phone. My facebook and twitter apps only refresh when I open them also.

One important thing is to open the sprint zone app and in the settings disable all of the crap in there from syncing all the time. All of these things together will make a huge difference.

Also some widgets will affect the battery, I don't use any that update in the background.

Sent from my Evo 4G using Tapatalk

ectoren

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
2nd Day
320pm
60%

Did more tweaking on FB and Twitter apps.
:)

Also, I didn't download any apps and didn't do much web surfing.

ectoren

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
One important thing is to open the sprint zone app and in the settings disable all of the crap in there from syncing all the time. All of these things together will make a huge difference.

What exact settings do you use for the Sprint Zone? "On Start Up"?

eye4ni

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I was just checking that and it started giving me all sorts of errors, had to reboot my phone.

After using the stock battery for all day yesterday I remember why I bought the extended battery. By 11:30 last night, I was down to about 30% battery, and I didn't use my phone very much yesterday. I like to have plenty of battery to spare, on occasion I am out late at night and would be especially pissed if my battery died on me at midnight. Especially so if you are in an area with low reception, the battery drains like crazy.

I put the seidio 3500 back on my phone today and plan on leaving it there. No reason to go back to fretting about my stupid battery, I just wanna use my phone without worrying about it.

ectoren

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
I put the seidio 3500 back on my phone today and plan on leaving it there. No reason to go back to fretting about my stupid battery, I just wanna use my phone without worrying about it.

I did some of the tweak you recommended. :cool:

835pm
40%
:p

ectoren

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Live Wallpapers!
:p

Using the Snow Fall free live wallpaper.

Unplugged the phone at 800am.

11am
83%

Not too shabby. :D

snowwy66

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
so where's this sprint zone app? i don't see it under settings and i'd like to shut it off.

i drive a dump truck all day. so i have a car charger. when i'm at home i just leave it plugged in so it's fully charged when i leave the house. most days i do allright. but there's been a couple of times when i'm dead within 3 hours for some reason.

eye4ni

May 17, 2010
Visit site
so where's this sprint zone app? i don't see it under settings and i'd like to shut it off.

i drive a dump truck all day. so i have a car charger. when i'm at home i just leave it plugged in so it's fully charged when i leave the house. most days i do allright. but there's been a couple of times when i'm dead within 3 hours for some reason.

I don't want to hijack this thread to tell you how to maximize your battery. If you look in the evo forums under the sticky topics you will see a battery life thread. Read the whole thing and you will learn a lot. The problem is that out of the box, your evo is not set up for your battery to last all day. There are a number of tweaks you can do like changing sync intervals etc. that will make a huge difference.

snowwy66

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
i already did all that LONG before i even found the battery thread. LOL.

i haven't been doing too bad on my battery. but there have been some moments. that's all i'm saying. it still be nice to turn the sprint app off. i keep getting update messages in my notification bar

ectoren

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Just a quick follow up. Yesterday night at 11pm, before plugging back, it was at 51%. Performance seems to be getting better day by day. :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty