Sprint's 2600mah Extended Battery Review (Video)

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
They do not say the price though. But alas, I looked it up. $54.99 before the premier customer discount.
25% discount for Premier customers when they buy minimum two accessories from our Telesales at 1-866-866-7509.

Last edited:

Tower72

Gigantic Member
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Not to mention you can call up Sprint or use the web chat and complain that you dont see why you should have to spend another 54.99 on a battery to get a full days use out of your phone, and maybe be lucky to get it free ( I only got a $20.00 credit to my account but thats better then nothing)

Its working for quite a few people over on XDA

And btw, I love this battery! Sure it adds some extra bulk but more power PLUS having the camera lens protected without a case is good for me

Raptor

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Under normal use I should get 1.5+ days from the standard battery. I have occasionally eaten through the battery in less than a day but that's usually due to leaving 4G on in a bad 4G area. I don't leave GPS or wifi on and only turn 4G on when I know I'll be in a decent 4G area and I want to tether or do app downloads etc. 4G in a bad 4G area and GPS are the big eaters for my Evo battery...

Now if only they'd designed the phone to hold a 2500mAHr battery without the bulge. With a phone the size (l x w) of the Evo I can't see how that wasn't possible. Of course, having the kick-stand eats up valuable space that could be used for a larger battery.

Brian

tide_rulz

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Under normal use I should get 1.5+ days from the standard battery. I have occasionally eaten through the battery in less than a day but that's usually due to leaving 4G on in a bad 4G area. I don't leave GPS or wifi on and only turn 4G on when I know I'll be in a decent 4G area and I want to tether or do app downloads etc. 4G in a bad 4G area and GPS are the big eaters for my Evo battery...

Brian

but wouldnt it be nice to not have to turn all sorts of services off and get through a normal day? that is why i am getting the bigger battery. That would be like buying a ferrari, and only driving it 55 mph every day. Sure, it can do more, you just dont do it.

Reactions: ectoren

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
but wouldnt it be nice to not have to turn all sorts of services off and get through a normal day? that is why i am getting the bigger battery. That would be like buying a ferrari, and only driving it 55 mph every day. Sure, it can do more, you just dont do it.

there is a point of diminishing return. just because you have all kinds of services and features available - it doesn't make any sense or provide any value to keep them all running 24/7 if you don't really need or use them - and just for the sake of running them - especially at the expense of size, sleekness, beauty, compatibility, and weight. i run my EVO very efficiently and get more than a day of battery life out of it and i experience no hardship or pain or diminished speed performance in doing so. your Ferrari is a bad analogy. my Ferrari is still fast - but i don't want to strap an extra 100 gallon gas tank to the roof of my Ferrari so i can drive longer without hitting the gas station. the hardship and pain would be looking at that ugly rumpshaker battery cover all day.

but hey - to each his own.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site

Now if only they'd designed the phone to hold a 2500mAHr battery without the bulge. With a phone the size (l x w) of the Evo I can't see how that wasn't possible. Of course, having the kick-stand eats up valuable space that could be used for a larger battery.

Brian

would like to know the OP battery life of stock vs. rumpshaker since his usage patterns would be more apples vs. apples.

ectoren

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Quality is a bit rubbish, but I did a review on the battery, and to show the bulkness it added. Enjoy guys!

Great review.

I agree. The bulk on the 2600mAh and 3500mAh is not horribly bulky. I highly recommend it for folks who are power users that don't mind a bit the rump on their Evo. :p

Price is $59.99 without Premier discount, and $54.99 after 25% discount when you buy two accessories.

You see. For that price, I ended up deciding buying the Seidio 3500 mAh for the same price, but more juice. And both have the same back cover size and format.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I think he keeps it off during the day. :p

No I rarely keep my phone off during the day. That's why the review mentioned "power users". I had just about everything on that would be a battery drainers. That includes GPS, Bluetooth for my headset, and like I said I had sync times on about 5 different things set to no later then 1hr. I have read all the different things about basically turning your phone into a paperweight by turning everything off. Well for me and probably most of the Evo fanbase, why? What's the point of having this phone then? Get a dumbphone if you believe everything should be turned off, and not use the phone for what it's made for.

This 2d 4hr use, was a constant use of just about everything I had that I use on a daily basis. Lot's of internet stuff, Facebook, Twitter, SMS, Calls, GPS that I use constantly for my job. Not much idle time during this test period, except for about 4-5hrs of sleep during those two days. Which even then I still had everything on and syncing every hour.

So that's all I will add.. I'm not going to argue with any users over this matter. I made a review about this battery because I could not seem to find one on the Sprint Extended Battery. I thought users would benefit from this, if they were in the market for another battery with more juice.

Gekko I have seen what your battery tips are, and that meant turning just about everything off. My tests concluded with same use, the stock battery maybe lasted 10-12hrs doing the same things.

ectoren

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Apologies splmonster. I misread that part of the conversation.

BTW, If you see my other threads and part of my post in your thread, I am now using the Seidio3500 mAh battery. With this battery after a couple of full charges, moderate to heavy use, I can now easily get about a day and 1/2.

After all this much juice, I ain't going back to the stock battery. I've tweaked the syncs and all other doo-dahs and never had it last as now.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

zephyr82

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for your info on this new battery... I have a question though. I have the HTC car dock. If I were to get either of these new batteries, would the new back make the car dock unusable?

Thanks!

Andy

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for your info on this new battery... I have a question though. I have the HTC car dock. If I were to get either of these new batteries, would the new back make the car dock unusable?

Thanks!

Andy

Great question.. I'm not 100% sure because I use the universal one. However I was told "the answer to that question is yes!" Don't quote me on that, that would be something to ask a Sprint tech or go and try it out.

Reactions: zephyr82

fkpalm

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Returned my sprint battery and purchased the 3500 Seidio from Amazon turned out to be same price as I paid for the sprint 2600 more juice

FRED

MadMyk

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm happy with my sprint 2600. BTW, in case you're wondering, the Seidio extended battery cases DO work with the sprint extended battery door. Pretty pleased about that.

jerastan

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Great question.. I'm not 100% sure because I use the universal one. However I was told "the answer to that question is yes!" Don't quote me on that, that would be something to ask a Sprint tech or go and try it out.

Neither the Sprint or Seidio extended batteries will work with the HTC car dock. Trust me. I have one. I ended up with the Seidio dock as well and am totally satisfied.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon