Evo battery thread (charging, size, replacements, aftermarket..ect)

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Funny you believe that 10% battery life from full = 10% drained. You must not have taken a physics 2 class. 2 hours 20% battery drain isn't across the board. From full, a 1:47 movie only drained my battery 20%, if it wasn't full, it would have drained "more" in terms of percentage.

I ask again: what phone do you have?

l1ttl3z

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Evo 4G Battery

I was looking around and I seen a Seidio Innocell 1750mAh Extended battery for the Droid Incredible i think it was.. Does anyone know if we will have one like that for the Evo?

jpdaballa

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I don't see why not? they make it for all hot phones, i'll probably go with mugen over seidio though, for the pre it was lke 15 cheaper and 50 more mah in the battery

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I already talked to Seidio about it, they will be making a bigger battery. For the Pre they made a same size but bigger capacity battery, as well as a double the physical and capacity size battery. Since I am so used to my fat Pre with the 2600 battery, you know I am going to go for the fat one!

yazman666

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Im not sure if ill go with the thick battery since the evo itself is already a thick device and i dont want a brick in my pocket ....im allright with the actual size of the phone and im not going to use a fat battery if they can make one the same size with a little more capacity fine...

cesjr02

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I don't want a thicker battery with a different back on the Evo. As time goes on, higher capacity batteries in the same size package will become available.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Here's some advice from someone with a Hero.
My phone has the same 1500mAh battery in it. I was getting over 24 hours on a single charge on it, but missed dearly the 2-3 days with my LG dare. I got the 3500mAh battery. I loved it. I got over 2 days with it, and it still fit in my generic belt clip holster I bought at Best Buy. I stopped using the holster (no more dress clothes for a bit) and kept it in my pocket. I didn't care about the width in my pocket, but the aftermarket back is cheap and has a crappy fit and would come off in my pocket. I've since gone back to stock, and keep my 3500mAh around for an emergency. I've also built a custom windshield mount (awesome btw, for under $15... suspect could easily be done for the evo shortly after release) and it fits only the stock battery. I'm pretty happy with what I get out of the 1500mAh battery, and rarely push my phone to do well more than it should without knowing I will have a USB port handy.

letsgoflyers81

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Im not sure if ill go with the thick battery since the evo itself is already a thick device and i dont want a brick in my pocket ....im allright with the actual size of the phone and im not going to use a fat battery if they can make one the same size with a little more capacity fine...

Thick? It's BARELY thicker than the iPhone: .5 in/12.7 mm vs .48 in/12.3 mm.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I agree, thats why I wouldn't recommend one, but can see why someone would buy one... I did the same thing with my Hero, and now I don't use it.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
allright guys but still if u put that fat ass battery it will brake the device heavenly crafted design..think about it.

Ehh...functionality rules. I am not looking at the rest of the phone when I hold it in my hand to make a call, and I am looking at the pretty screen when I am using it for what it's meant to be used for. I don't put the thing up on a pedastal and admire it all day. My Pre is the best example....all that "shaped like a river" rock mumbo jumbo, the first thing I did was slap every Seidio accessory on the Pre I could find, huge 2600 battery, and the innocase. Now it looks like a big fat ugly slab of plastic, but...I can use it hard all day and still have some battery left when I go to bed late at night.

Seeing how much real estate the phone takes up, and how physically large the battery is compared to the Pre battery, I am sure that even if you physically double the thickness of that battery, it won't look all that bad at all.

gstill4

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Yea I will be getting the biggest battery I can find for the Evo. I'm going to be doing alot of traveling this summer and I will only be charging my phone at night when i go to sleep so i need something that can last, texting, calling, using GPS, surfing the web and on 4G if its available where ever I'm going to be at.

seidioseidio

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Hello All,

We are expecting to develop a full line of accessories for the EVO. Subscribe by signing up on our home page or keep checking back here for updates! ;)

Mitalis

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
As a user of the Palm Pre, I can bet the battery life will be a significant upgrade to us when using the EVO.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1