What Android devices will have access to this?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Will older devices eventually have access to Facebook Home and other related apps? I'm sure many will be but same time is there a minimum OS/device requirement necessary to support use of these efficiently?

I know many of us rock newer devices but same time many of FB's users are probably still using older devices, will they be left in the dark. ?

I notice they say the notifications can be wiped/removed with a " swipe ". Does that hint at Android 4.x and above?

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Exactly... Wouldn't surprise me within hours of it being released its hacked or ported onto Nexus and other devices ;)

I would expect nothing less from the enthusiast and developer community, and to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if that's something Facebook's "Home" team is hoping for. They can build Facebook Home as a solution available to those with nicer or more recently-released devices, and leave compatibility/performance work on other "non-supported" devices to a relatively small group of community members. Anyone who really wants Facebook Home on one of those devices could easily uncover the ports through as much as a quick Google search.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I would like to be able to at least try it out on my HOX+ to see if I like it or not.

(I feel special because I'm the first non-green named person to post here.....LOL)

Aznmrtaxes

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Just curious who would even want facebook home? Basically facebook already indicated there will be ads on it. I can't imagine someone would want to see ads on their launcher 24/7.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note II

Whitney Leigh

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
For those of us who are looking forward to this update for Facebook, does anyone know when it will be able for the HTC Vivid? Or any way I can have access to it NOW?