Issues Receiving Notifications for "Likes"

eriley1987

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
I have searched the internet and have not found very much information on this topic. I switched from an iPhone 4s to a Moto G about 3 weeks ago. It has been somewhat of a learning curve and getting used to the differences. Overall, I am very happy with my decision. However, there is something that is different with Facebook and I'm not sure if there is something I can do or if it's just the way things are. So in my iPhone, I received notifications from pretty much anything from Facebook. I did not use the Facebook Home... just the mobile Facebook app. I received notifications for comments, wall posts, likes, tags, etc. I received notifications in the Moto G for most of those things... except likes. When I say "likes", what I mean is when someone "likes" a post I made or a picture of mine. I have to open my Facebook app to see any notifications for that... it is not "pushed" to my phone. It's a pretty minor issue, but I've looked at settings within Facebook and I am just wondering if it's a change that I need to get used to or if there is something I am missing regarding the settings. Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
I have searched the internet and have not found very much information on this topic. I switched from an iPhone 4s to a Moto G about 3 weeks ago. It has been somewhat of a learning curve and getting used to the differences. Overall, I am very happy with my decision. However, there is something that is different with Facebook and I'm not sure if there is something I can do or if it's just the way things are. So in my iPhone, I received notifications from pretty much anything from Facebook. I did not use the Facebook Home... just the mobile Facebook app. I received notifications for comments, wall posts, likes, tags, etc. I received notifications in the Moto G for most of those things... except likes. When I say "likes", what I mean is when someone "likes" a post I made or a picture of mine. I have to open my Facebook app to see any notifications for that... it is not "pushed" to my phone. It's a pretty minor issue, but I've looked at settings within Facebook and I am just wondering if it's a change that I need to get used to or if there is something I am missing regarding the settings. Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Well I think the notification for alerting may have been switched off try going to the Account Settings > Notifications > Mobile Push and switch it on. This should help you with the notifications.

ArtieTheOneManParty

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Is there any way to shut off push notifications for "likes"? I don't care to see a notification every time someone likes a photo I upload, or a post I make. I can't find anything to get more specific on the push notifications.

mamadmed1

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
Well I think the notification for alerting may have been switched off try going to the Account Settings > Notifications > Mobile Push and switch it on. This should help you with the notifications.