Why don't I have push notifications for FB?

A

AC Question

No push notification for fb

I switched carriers from Sprint to Verizon about 2 years ago. Although I am extremely happy with my Verizon service, the day i switched to Verizon I noticed I would not get push notifications to my phone (Motorola Droid), when i would always get my notifications on my S3 (From Sprint).I ended up taking it to my Verizon store and all the associates were stumped. I then after a few months got ahold of the Galaxy S5. Again the same problem, no push notifications. Ive tried a lot of the methods I've found on this forum and other forums and still nothing. Im so frustrated and its annoying to be honest. A lot of my other friends do not have a problem with this. Can anyone help me out? I noticed that on the Account settings>Notifications>Push notifications it gives men boxes to check off... "notify me if someone ...comments, tags me" etc. As soon as i click the boxes it will un cheek itself, but at the top of the screen it will say changes saved....

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: No push notification for fb

I switched carriers from Sprint to Verizon about 2 years ago. Although I am extremely happy with my Verizon service, the day i switched to Verizon I noticed I would not get push notifications to my phone (Motorola Droid), when i would always get my notifications on my S3 (From Sprint).I ended up taking it to my Verizon store and all the associates were stumped. I then after a few months got ahold of the Galaxy S5. Again the same problem, no push notifications. Ive tried a lot of the methods I've found on this forum and other forums and still nothing. Im so frustrated and its annoying to be honest. A lot of my other friends do not have a problem with this. Can anyone help me out? I noticed that on the Account settings>Notifications>Push notifications it gives men boxes to check off... "notify me if someone ...comments, tags me" etc. As soon as i click the boxes it will un cheek itself, but at the top of the screen it will say changes saved....
If you have notifications checked within the Facebook application then go into your phones system settings > accounts > Facebook > uncheck sync then recheck sync. See if that helps.

Aside from that, how are you liking the S5?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge