Why does my screen timeout on my S5 when I play videos on Facebook?

ace_silver10

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
Recent screen timeout S5 on facebook

Hey,

Up until a few days ago when watching video clips on Facebook the screen would stay on whilst the clip/video was playing. In the last couple of days when watching a clip/video it now times out as if there was no video playing and I have to touch the screen to stop it from locking. I am aware that I can up the time out of the phone but this is only a band aid fix so i am only interested in how to fix the issue at the source.

Thanks
Adam

Scott183

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Re: Recent screen timeout S5 on facebook

Hey,

Up until a few days ago when watching video clips on Facebook the screen would stay on whilst the clip/video was playing. In the last couple of days when watching a clip/video it now times out as if there was no video playing and I have to touch the screen to stop it from locking. I am aware that I can up the time out of the phone but this is only a band aid fix so i am only interested in how to fix the issue at the source.

Thanks
Adam

Hi,

I'm facing this issue as well! I hope someone comes out with a fix!

Thanks!
During my search of this problem I came across this thread. I wanted to post my fix so it may help you and others out. Go into your Samsung account, and find your SNS provider, then select update. Close than reopen Facebook and find a video. Should be good after that. If you don't have a Samsung account or can't find it in your app drawer, tap the 3 horizontal dots in the upper right of your app screen, and select Galaxy Essentials. The app can be downloaded and then you will need to register for an account. After that you should be able to locate and update your Samsung SNS. Hope this helps you guys, like it did me. Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faret