Has the Facebook app improved? Still a battery hog?

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
The Facebook app it seems is well known battery hog and a google search turns up forum posts and articles that go way back. To this end I have always used metal pro on android (sometimes with the FB messenger app sometimes not) I have used the official app on iOS recently and whilst not terrible it is one of the thirstiest apps on that platform too.

The app though is updated regularly so I am wondering if there have been any improvements made and what is the android app like in November 2016? Still a vampire app or has it improved? I am curious as there are some advantages to using the official app.

Thanks

N

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'd be curious to know what other people think as well! I routinely use the mobile site instead of the app (which pretty much does all I need).

averen09

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
im a facebook user since 2008, since then (nokia era) up to now i am not using any facebook app, reason? battery consumption. its a big battery and ram drainer, im using only chrome as a browser or fb lite, the official fb app really sucks and they are not doing anything to fix the long known issue, unlikes twitter app, twitter is very stable and well built, and the best part is it does not sip a lot of battery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome