Facebook Messenger notification sound stopped working.

thoots

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
I have a new Samsung Galaxy S8+, and after working seemingly normal, now I have found that I'm not getting notification sounds from Facebook Messenger. I get the notification bubble alongside the icon, but for the life of me, I cannot get the sound to play. I also use Messenger for my SMS messaging, so this is actually pretty important!

Yes, I have gone in and set the sound to "on," I've got it set to play just the default Messenger "ding" sound, but it just doesn't work. Oh, though it is very slightly intermittent -- every now and then, I have gotten the sound. But it's like I've gotten the sound two or three times out of 30 or 40 messages.

This may be related to the Chat Heads, which I usually turn off. I turned them back on, and I'm not getting them, either. Except for the previously mentioned two or three times -- the only times I got the notification sound was when I got Chat Heads, and vice versa.

Yes, I have gone into the Apps settings, and cleared data for both Facebook and Facebook Messenger. I have also uninstalled Messenger and re-installed, with no improvement.

Any help you could send my way would be MUCH appreciated!

thoots

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site