Will the Android Facebook app ever actually work well?

jasonb

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else still think after all these years that the facebook for android app is a total piece of garbage? I go to post something or comment on something or charge my profile pic and i press post or use or whatever and it doesn't actually do it, but instead just goes back. try it again and it still doesn't work. only way to comment or post or whatever is to either force close the app or reboot the phone. It's not the phones fault or androids fault because I've had the same exact issues on the LG V10 on Marshmallow, and now on the S8 on Nougat. The app is just garbage and buggy and you'd think by now after all these years the app would just work a whole lot better. rant over.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Facebook works well occasionally, than they release another update and break it. I prefer using the Web browser because Facebook is also a battery hog.

Mr Mendelli

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site
Anyone else still think after all these years that the facebook for android app is a total piece of garbage? I go to post something or comment on something or charge my profile pic and i press post or use or whatever and it doesn't actually do it, but instead just goes back. try it again and it still doesn't work. only way to comment or post or whatever is to either force close the app or reboot the phone. It's not the phones fault or androids fault because I've had the same exact issues on the LG V10 on Marshmallow, and now on the S8 on Nougat. The app is just garbage and buggy and you'd think by now after all these years the app would just work a whole lot better. rant over.
The facebook app is extremly bloated and ineffecient. I've delved into it and have made some questionable discoveries. For starters, the app has twelve dalvik executables! It also has an unnecessarily long permissions list, some of which aren't even used. As a hacker, I don't trust it, let alone like it.

b26e2a19691d8c3fd5f0bda06998b528.jpg

Last edited:

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Anyone else still think after all these years that the facebook for android app is a total piece of garbage?.

When Facebook works, it works really well but it's a bit hit and miss. I think it does have a lot of nice features but there are so many updates being pushed constantly which is annoying. I do have a couple gripes with it but overall it's fine to use for me 😃

Frozen Corpse

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
Facebook works well occasionally, than they release another update and break it. I prefer using the Web browser because Facebook is also a battery hog.
I use an app called metal it's a facebook/messenger/twitter replacement which works very well imo, but i think I've read it's more or less the browser version though i can at least send Facebook messages with it.

Apple Jam

Jun 27, 2017
Visit site

Damn, never thought that this thing really is eating a bunch of charge.

For a long time I refused the application and I'm using the light version. But it has already grown, so I'll probably just use the browser as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs