Change sms chat initials to Facebook picture?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I had the icons for my sms chats (phone contacts) showing their Facebook profile pictures, and after clearing the messenger app's data from my phone, the pictures are gone and replaced with the contact's initials. How do I get my sms chats to show their Facebook profile pictures again? If I recall correctly, there was a prompt to link or connect the Facebook profiles to the sms chats at one point, and I can't figure out how to get that back. Thank you!

Matt_2662

May 1, 2015
Visit site
I had the icons for my sms chats (phone contacts) showing their Facebook profile pictures, and after clearing the messenger app's data from my phone, the pictures are gone and replaced with the contact's initials. How do I get my sms chats to show their Facebook profile pictures again? If I recall correctly, there was a prompt to link or connect the Facebook profiles to the sms chats at one point, and I can't figure out how to get that back. Thank you!

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
I don't use fb, but if I did, I sure wouldn't grant them that permission. You should be able to add your pics into the phone contacts to get the same results. Jmo

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
What messaging app are you using? Do not use Facebook messenger as your sms app. It uploads all your contacts to Facebook including their phone numbers and addresses or any other data you have stored with your contacts and this data has been sold in the past. Just a warning.

Matt_2662

May 1, 2015
Visit site
I'm using the Facebook messenger app. Just trying to figure out how to restore what I've outlined in my original post, many thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781