Facebook Home - will you be using it?

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I don't quite get why the nexus 4, you know the flagship android device, isn't getting it at launch. Especially since with no custom ui to get in the way, the nexus 4 would probably perform the best with it.

No I still haven't changed my opinion but just saying.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Because there are a lot more One X's and Galaxy whatevers being sold. Not to mention the N4 undercuts the price of the First a decent amount.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I see no mentions of the Droid DNA or EVO 4G LTE, aren't they part of the one family as well? I may try it out if it ever gets compatible for the DNA but I like the Sense very much, I can always use the app.

And lately I've been reading all these posts about people wanting to buy htc so they have a phone that's more unique and not something everyone else has. And then you read posts like this...

I'm not saying you personally are doing this but htc'ers as a whole are. And the evo lte has pretty much been forgotten by everyone. No one talks about it and htc likes to pretend that it never really happened

Sent from my Note 2

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
First is a terrible name, but not surprising seeing how bad htc is with naming products. The phone overall is kinda meh. It's a quality budget phone I guess, but it's also weaker than the n4 and no contract price is $100-150 more depending on which n4 model you want.

Overall I think the first is really the status 2,and will sell just about as poorly.

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Absolutely have no interest in this. The only thing I even have Facebook still installed on my phone is so Facebook events I'm attending will sync with my calendar widget. Every other feature of the Facebook app is disabled.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Well have to wait and see. I may try it out, but my phone gets used for more than just Facebook.

Wonder how this compares to Blinkered type integration on the HTC One...

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I saw that. I mean ok it's free, some launchers on the market that our free have ads and thats ok. Difference is you can pay to remove them, not the case with home.

Not to mention overall as a launcher it just seems weak. And android doesn't natively support lock screen replacements, so all the ones I've tried are a wonky, I imagine home will be no exception

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
0% chance of me using a Facebook branded launcher on a Nexus device, especially if it's going to include advertisements to make Facebook money. AND!!! Just to double down, I'll slap the phone out of the hand of any who dare use this launcher in my presence.

Maybe have them arrested! It's treason! Treason! (ok, maybe that's over the top, it's just highly suspicious criminal behavior and slapping it out of their hand may be sufficient)...

Will_C

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
I will certainly give it a try if it ever comes to the nexus 4, mainly for the lockscreen just because it looks so pretty!

Alex trebek

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
I refuse to use Facebook as I am a high school student and colleges and jobs later on check your Facebook. Even if you don't post anything inappropriate, you can still be tagged on an obscene photo by a friend, and that is just as bad. Social networks are not for me. Texting and XBOX is fine for me.

So no, I will not be using Facebook home as I am paranoid that they will stalk me and I don't want Facebook and Google stalking me at the same time.

This is the reason I will never buy Google glass or talk to anyone using it. Google can watch whatever your doing, and I don't want to be incriminated because of something I said out with friends back in high school.

Sent from my HTC Rhyme

Laineyc

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I refuse to use Facebook as I am a high school student and colleges and jobs later on check your Facebook. Even if you don't post anything inappropriate, you can still be tagged on an obscene photo by a friend, and that is just as bad. Social networks are not for me. Texting and XBOX is fine for me.

So no, I will not be using Facebook home as I am paranoid that they will stalk me and I don't want Facebook and Google stalking me at the same time.

This is the reason I will never buy Google glass or talk to anyone using it. Google can watch whatever your doing, and I don't want to be incriminated because of something I said out with friends back in high school.

Sent from my HTC Rhyme

You're a very wise high school student.:)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
... who nevertheless uses an HTC Rhyme?

Just sayin'!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I think it's wise to not waste your money on all the latest phones when you're a high school student.

Also, you can't say that when you yourself are using a Nexus S. On Sprint.

Alex trebek

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
... who nevertheless uses an HTC Rhyme?

Just sayin'!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I would rather have a working free phone and a better computer or car then a brand new phone. I wouldn't have been able to afford my Alienware if i had a GS3.

Sent from my HTC Rhyme

Alex trebek

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
And also, not to be rude as I love my mom, but she took my upgrade when she broke her phone, and then my dad's when she broke it 13 days later. So an upgrade is not in my future.

I'm working on trying to buy a used Droid RAZR Maxx HD or a Note 2 so if anybody wants to sell one :p

Sent from my HTC Rhyme

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol