04-12-2013 09:09 PM
54 123
    Only problem with that is that HTC phones aren't crap. So there goes your logic.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums
    If HTC is all you have owned,and if your head is inserted firmly in your anus,you make snide remarks like this fellow.

Sent from my Precedent using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
    04-10-2013 12:09 PM
    You're telling me the One is crap. Go to your corner! NOW!

Sent from my HTC Rhyme
    I have owned several HTC devices.I must never own another for my sanity.

Sent from my Precedent using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
    cormaster628 likes this.
    04-10-2013 12:14 PM
    I owned a flyer and a vivid, and both of them drove me to nexus devices respectively. As if unlocking your bootloader isn't enough of a hassle, they got this s-on garbage that further locks down your device. You have to "achieve s-off" for full control. Some devices it's as easy as just installing a pc program and connecting to it in fastboot mode. Other devices all I can say is "wire trick".

And on stock, sense is awesome... The first couple weeks. It gets old fast. Very intrusive ui, and good luck on updates. HTC is quick to wipe their slate clean as they desperately try to rebuild themselves. It's not to uncommon for them to release an update that has so many issues it feels more like a downgrade, and you'll never get another update as long as you own the device.

So then you decide your fed up with sense and being on an outdated, buggy android version, so you spend half an evening reading tutorials trying to get your device unlocked, rooted, and s-off, yay you did it, time to put cyanogenmod on... Oh wait where the hell are the roms? HTC makes things extremely complicated for developers. Mostly all you'll get for doing that is a bunch of sense stripped or modified sense roms, my vivid had ril issues in which the mic wouldn't work on any rom that wasn't stock based. They finally got cm working with the mic, but the volume is very quiet.

Experiences may vary but my htc experience was terrible, and I won't buy their products again unless google contracts them for the next nexus. I think the one looks great on paper but I still wouldn't trust them.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    04-10-2013 12:35 PM
    They update the apps to work with home and facebook sync is still borked. Brilliant! So everyone who buys an htc first is going to wonder why all their contacts don't have pictures in the dialer app.

Seriously facebook get your ish together! If a third party app can do it so can the official app!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    04-12-2013 09:09 PM
54 123